• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCP Car Frustration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Doesn't anyone buy cars outright with their own money these days?
    I think that will happen far less now the Dividend Tax is higher. But as an example I got 4 year interest free loan on my current toy so why would I pull the money out the company to buy it when I can break the costs down over 4 tax years and keep most of it under the 40% margin?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      indeed I buy old ones and wait till they are 16 then they are ready to be F*cked.
      I'll look at my 18-year-old Merc in a different light tonight. I actually found the original dealer price list for it last night. Someone paid the best part of £38K in today's money. The leather option alone cost its first owner twice what I paid for the whole car.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        I think that will happen far less now the Dividend Tax is higher. But as an example I got 4 year interest free loan on my current toy so why would I pull the money out the company to buy it when I can break the costs down over 4 tax years and keep most of it under the 40% margin?
        I'll give you that one.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Pickup phone ----> Ring dealer now ------> Question answered.

Jeez, what's wrong with people these days? Is it a Facebook generation thing?
          Should I ask my accountant first?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            I'll look at my 18-year-old Merc in a different light tonight. I actually found the original dealer price list for it last night. Someone paid the best part of £38K in today's money. The leather option alone cost its first owner twice what I paid for the whole car.
            I drive a battered Mondeo. When I finish the house I'll buy something nice, but you don't put paving slabs in a Merc if you can avoid it.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I bought my 2 YO beemer for 20k, 16k miles. It was 39k new so someone paid 19k to drive only 16k miles and sold for half the value

Comment

... you don't put paving slabs in a Merc if you can avoid it.

I do. Particularly when they park really badly. Paving slabs/bricks/etc.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I drive a battered Mondeo. When I finish the house I'll buy something nice, but you don't put paving slabs in a Merc if you can avoid it.
                  Sounds jolly sensible. I've got a 1982 Land-Rover for the donkey work. I do know of a friend's Dad - think Del Boy, but 'done good' - who drives round picking up his BTL money in the most sha66ed Bentley Continental you'll ever see. It's more like a builder's Transit van than top end motor, with car parking stickers all over the windscreen, newspapers and coke cans in the foot wells plus it's not had a wash in heaven knows how long. I'm sure he does it on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    I bought my 2 YO beemer for 20k, 16k miles. It was 39k new so someone paid 19k to drive only 16k miles and sold for half the value

"Bought" or "Leased"?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      "Bought" or "Leased"?
                      Bought. The only reason i didnt take lease was that i couldnt get it as have only 1 year on LTD.

Comment

Working...
                      X