• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent article by Liam Fox on EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    They sold everything that wasn't bolted down, then unscrewed the bolts, and sold the rest.
    What does that even mean? Give me some examples.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Because I have different views to you?
      I think you should ask them to estimate how much they would be out of pocket in the event of Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        What does that even mean? Give me some examples.
        All the nationalised industries, oil and gas, crown land, overseas territories. All sold for short term gain, to cut taxes for the rich, and find unsustainable pension and other benefits.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          I think you should ask them to estimate how much they would be out of pocket in the event of Brexit.
          Describe in sufficient detail the arrangement that the UK will have with the EU, and then we can work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            I figure I'll be much better off after a Brexit. I can possibly get paid in Euros and SF and I have no mortgage.
            And I'm a saver. So the inevitable interest rate raise will be good for me.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

All the nationalised industries, oil and gas, crown land, overseas territories. All sold for short term gain, to cut taxes for the rich, and find unsustainable pension and other benefits.
              Which overseas territories were sold, for how much and to whom?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Describe in sufficient detail the arrangement that the UK will have with the EU, and then we can work on it.
                No need to sunshine. That's for you to worry about.

Comment

The Cabinet Papers | IMF crisis

In 1976 Britain faced financial crisis. The Labour government was forced to apply to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a loan of nearly $4 billion. IMF negotiators insisted on deep cuts in public expenditure, greatly affecting economic and social policy.
                  All that wealth squandered
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I figure I'll be much better off after a Brexit. I can possibly get paid in Euros and SF and I have no mortgage.
                    And I'm a saver. So the inevitable interest rate raise will be good for me.
                    No loss of equality on your houses then, given it'll fire and brimstones all round?

Comment

So do you think all Boomers are rich. I think you'll find a huge number of poor people in the boomer age category.

Or is the problem that your cretinism causes you to conflate the rich elite with the older generation?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X