• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent article by Liam Fox on EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    The point, Mr ASSguru, is that sometimes a bit of faith is required, without the solution known in advance.
    I have zero faith in the current ruling classes of whatever party.
    And if you do, you're a fool.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      So your argument for leaving is "trust me it will be better, I don't know the details but why not risk everything just on faith"?
      Yes.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Well, to be fair, Canada is a major economy. I'm just waiting for confirmation as to whether Canada's Financial Services will have full access to the single market.
        What do we do for the ten years it takes to sort out such a model?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes.
          That's why the vote is going to end up being strongly in favour of Remaining... people aren't going to rock the boat without a clear path showing why it is worth the risk and upheaval.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Because Germany, as a founding member, has sucked the marrow out of every new country that has joined.
            How has it done that? It was the leading industrial power well before the EU from the 50s onwards, although I concede it has also done well from the Euro.
            Point being it is pursued a sound economic strategy rather than rely on financial shenninigans and artficial house prices rises.
            You of anyone, as a victim of this country's economic policy, should know this, but you don't seem to be drawing the correct conlcusions.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

So your argument for leaving is "trust me it will be better, I don't know the details but why not risk everything just on faith"?
              Not quite. It's more:

Trust me and all my fellow cretins, it will be better, I don't know the details but why not risk everything just on faith.

Comment

If Estonia has an agreement with Portugal, is that one or two agreements?
                Got you.

I hereby promise never to try to do maths on this forum again.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

That's why the vote is going to end up being strongly in favour of Remaining... people aren't going to rock the boat without a clear path showing why it is worth the risk and upheaval.
                  I agree.

Comment

Not quite. It's more:
                    There is no need to call people cretins just because they have a different view and will vote a different way.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      I didn't think that could possibly be even close to being right.

It's 991 surely, i.e. 32 states each have 31 agreements. The point is still valid: that's billions spent on civil servants and years and years of effort. It's hugely more efficient to work together, something the outies never take into account when moaning about the money we "waste" on the EU. Even negotiating one agreement with the rest of the EU won't be simple and won't be free.
                      Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Got you.

I hereby promise never to try to do maths on this forum again.
                      How about you tell us what 32 x 31 equals?

Comment

Working...
                      X