• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

houses only go up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April shock house market drop with asking prices in Barnet falling fastest | Personal Finance | Finance | Daily Express

they are all at it

Comment

Record low rates mean savers are worse off than ever - BBC News

Why does anyone bother saving?

Spend spend spend!

Best bet is BTL....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Record low rates mean savers are worse off than ever - BBC News

Why does anyone bother saving?

Spend spend spend!

Best bet is BTL....
        Try the Loyalty cash ISA from HSBC. As long as you regularly add to it, they will regularly cut the rate. It's great!
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Try the Loyalty cash ISA from HSBC. As long as you regularly add to it, they will regularly cut the rate. It's great!
          Carney is keeping vigil, it will work out in the end

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
            Carney is keeping vigil, it will work out in the end
            For half my working life, and more to the point, for the half of it I have had money to save, interest rates have been tulip.

Still, thankfully Osborne fixed the roof while the sun was shining.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              For half my working life, and more to the point, for the half of it I have had money to save, interest rates have been tulip.
              I think "saving" is generally interpreted to include stock market and related investment.
              Though saying that, you still have a point -in 1999 when your graph starts, the FTSE100 was at 6900. Today it is at 6100.

Comment

Asking prices being cut in Leeds, but they were already asking 10% more than last year so not much actual change as yet.

EAs finding it hard to convince vendors that their particular property isn't worth the fortune they hoped for.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  Asking prices being cut in Leeds, but they were already asking 10% more than last year so not much actual change as yet.
                  It's also difficult to know how much activity is being delayed until after the referendum and whether the drop in activity following the BTL stamp duty changes will reverse. Based on valuation measures, the SE is primed for a crash (whereas much of the north isn't), but ridiculous valuations can persist and become even more ridiculous before they finally crash. The increased media reports about relaxed lending (e.g. 0% mortgages, extending loads to complete at 85) provide good anecdotal evidence that we're late cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    It's also difficult to know how much activity is being delayed until after the referendum and whether the drop in activity following the BTL stamp duty changes will reverse. Based on valuation measures, the SE is primed for a crash (whereas much of the north isn't), but ridiculous valuations can persist and become even more ridiculous before they finally crash. The increased media reports about relaxed lending (e.g. 0% mortgages, extending loads to complete at 85) provide good anecdotal evidence that we're late cycle.
                    We're actively looking and seem to be in the standoff between buyers refusing (or unable) to meet prices and sellers refusing to drop much.

As above, even with the asking price reductions I have seen only take us back to asking prices last year.

Comment

I bought my flat in April...

Comment

Working...
                      X