• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not happy - some scrote appears to have nicked my headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
    Noise cancelling is the only feature bose is good at. But sound quality is WAY worse. I compared multiple bose vs multiple sennheisers, momentum being the in sound quality, and any audiophile will tell you the same.

That said , i enjoy sound and want to experience it in the best way, ofc without paying 1000's for audiophile ones.

If i was flying a lot then i'd go for bose probably though, sennheiser being a choice for an office.
    These were non-sound cancelling Bose. I liked the sound quality to be fair. Way better than anything else I've ever had (but then again limited to £20-£30 in ear) and very comfortable.

I rarely use whilst travelling - mostly when walking from train to client etc.

OK, so looks like a replacement is in order. I assume you'd recommend Sennheisers then? Looked at over ear but not so sure that it wouldnt mean a sweaty head (good in winter though!).

So important to me is:-

1) Sound Quality
    2) Comfort
    3) Build Quality - i.e. wont fall apart in a month.

Nice to have:-

1) Inline mic

Not bothered:-

1) Noise cancellation
    2) Branding
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      These were non-sound cancelling Bose. I liked the sound quality to be fair. Way better than anything else I've ever had (but then again limited to £20-£30 in ear) and very comfortable.

I rarely use whilst travelling - mostly when walking from train to client etc.

OK, so looks like a replacement is in order. I assume you'd recommend Sennheisers then? Looked at over ear but not so sure that it wouldnt mean a sweaty head (good in winter though!).

So important to me is:-

1) Sound Quality
      2) Comfort
      3) Build Quality - i.e. wont fall apart in a month.

Nice to have:-

1) Inline mic

Not bothered:-

1) Noise cancellation
      2) Branding
      Go into John Lewis and try different pairs out. You can plug the headphone jack into your phone and give them a try. IIRC PC Worst do the same.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Go into John Lewis and try different pairs out. You can plug the headphone jack into your phone and give them a try. IIRC PC Worst do the same.
        Or HMV I guess? If they do sennheisers...
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Noise cancelling is the only feature bose is good at. But sound quality is WAY worse.
          The noise cancelling on the BOSE is mind blowingly good. I think to describe the sound quality as "WAY worse" is like when you start comparing Ferraris and Lamborghinis when everyone around you is driving a Ford Focus.

The BOSE ticks the boxes for me. No point having great sound quality if other sounds are leaking into the headphone's.

Comment

Not the most expensive but they were decent £150 Bose ones....

i bet he never lost anything just wanted to be billy big bollocks with his overpriced headphones

Comment

Or HMV I guess? If they do sennheisers...
              Kill your obsession with Sennheisers. It's very much personal preference for headphones.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                The noise cancelling on the BOSE is mind blowingly good. I think to describe the sound quality as "WAY worse" is like when you start comparing Ferraris and Lamborghinis when everyone around you is driving a Ford Focus.

The BOSE ticks the boxes for me. No point having great sound quality if other sounds are leaking into the headphone's.
                No, not really. The sound IS awful. At least in comparision to sennheisers

Bose QuietComfort 25 vs Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 - Headphones Comparison
                64 vs 91

Sennheiser Momentum Wireless review | TechRadar

Sennheiser's asking price is no doubt a bitter pill to swallow. You can more affordably satisfy your wireless over-ear fix with the Koss BT540i for $199, or get excellent active noise cancellation with the Bose QuietComfort 25 for $299. However, if stellar sound performance and brilliant craftsmanship are your bag, the Momentum Wireless basically pay for themselves.

Comment

No, not really. The sound IS awful. At least in comparision to sennheisers

Bose QuietComfort 25 vs Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 - Headphones Comparison
                  64 vs 91

Sennheiser Momentum Wireless review | TechRadar
                  WALOB

Websites are often paid to favourably review products.
                  A simple look at the autotrader score versus the actual driver ratings tells you that.
                  Been the case for years, just not in public domain.

Comment

Sennheiser HD 800 Headband Headphones - Silver 4044156002354 | eBay

any takers

free ear wax and infection included with the sale .

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                      WALOB

Websites are often paid to favourably review products.
                      A simple look at the autotrader score versus the actual driver ratings tells you that.
                      Been the case for years, just not in public domain.
                      OK , belive the website or not, believe me or not, go check yourself. For me momentum is VASTLY better.

Comment

Working...
                      X