• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not happy - some scrote appears to have nicked my headphones

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Perhaps he was hanging around outside my hotel room?
    He was searching for his accountant in your travelodge hotel ..

Comment

Fair play to the hotel - apparently they have CCTV in the corridor so are going to check this.

I did note that every guest had to provide photo id too. Be interesting if they see someone pick them up - they may be able to check with id.

Be interesting what would happen then...
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Hope a ****** bus hits him
        If they were the noise-cancelling Bose headphones, the probability has increased.

HTHBIDI
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Fair play to the hotel - apparently they have CCTV in the corridor so are going to check this.

I did note that every guest had to provide photo id too. Be interesting if they see someone pick them up - they may be able to check with id.

Be interesting what would happen then...
          It was probably the staff, some poor maid on minimum wage who's trying to feed her 4 kids, they'll spot her on CCTV, sack her and get the old bill in and her kids will be taken into care while she's doing a 10 stretch in Parkhurst, hope you're happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            He was searching for his accountant in your travelodge hotel ..
            Travelodge? Too expensive for me. £65 a night around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              If they were the noise-cancelling Bose headphones, the probability has increased.

HTHBIDI
              Non noise cancelling. I would have been more upset. Still nice headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                It was probably the staff, some poor maid on minimum wage who's trying to feed her 4 kids, they'll spot her on CCTV, sack her and get the old bill in and her kids will be taken into care while she's doing a 10 stretch in Parkhurst, hope you're happy!
                Probably not staff at 9pm at night. More likely to be a guest on way out or in.

Otherwise, if I'd left in room during the day I'd be looking at staff. Or cleaners etc.
                Ever left anything on a plane? Zero chance of seeing that again. Can guarantee even 30 mins later they wont have found it. Perks of the job I think if you clean planes.

Comment

Probably not staff at 9pm at night. More likely to be a guest on way out or in.
                  Or it could be a hooker ... Imagine a hooker stealing your arse-wiped-headphones. Bet that gives you a boner!

Comment

Travelodge? Too expensive for me. £65 a night around these parts.
                    Not. Etap?

Stayed in one of those in Birmingham, truly awful, had to get hammered just so I could bear sleeping in it.

Comment

Stayed in hotel last night. Got tangled up with bags trying to get into room so stuck headphones on top of bag - must have dropped them.

Realised 10 mins later - checked outside = gone. No-one handed in last night or this am.

Not the most expensive but they were decent £150 Bose ones....

So mad that some scrote has picked them up by the looks and thought "I'll have these". Never in a million years would I not hand something in that I found like this.

I aint happy!!!!
                      Bose doesn't make decent headphones. Try sennheisers next , WAY better sound, I mean like light years

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...tum+sennheiser
                      Last edited by diseasex; 11 May 2016, 09:04.

Comment

Working...
                      X