• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

feck me a house for AssGuru after the divorce.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flamel View Post
    it does say "This home is a stylish choice for the first-time buyers, sharers and downsizers alike."

Who would "downsize" for £515k?

Which first time buyer could afford this?

Time to emigrate.
    Absolute classic. First-time buyers. House builders used to have a three thirds rule for land, build and profit. Build costs for that thing would be an absolute maximum of £1500/m2, but probably less. I guess that puts a maximum of £150K to build.

Comment

I guess I should add that new-build 3 beds can be bought for £140-180K round my neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
        They sit on land for years and years

I can't imagine it will cost them more than 100k per unit with land cost

These should be selling for 200k plus really

Anyone paying half a million pounds to live in that tulipe needs to be certified insane.

I see so many of these "new build" shoeboxes that only fools can possibly buy, but somehow they all get sold out .
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          I see so many of these "new build" shoeboxes that only fools can possibly buy, but somehow they all get sold out .
          A very dear friend is an architectural technician and regularly tells me of horror stories with regards build quality.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I think some people prefer new houses - old houses are certainly not without their issues - but while some new builds are much better most just feel flimsy especially at the cheaper end. Maybe these ones are built a bit more ruggedly because I see quite a difference in quality between new-builds round here selling for £150K, £250K, and £400K
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              I guess I should add that new-build 3 beds can be bought for £140-180K round my neck of the woods.
              yeah but this is n Slough which as you know is an aspirational area.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X