• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Mayor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    If someone hates a Jewish person because that person is Jewish, then it is antisemitism regardless of whether that person is "representative" of Jewish people.
    Ae you talking to me? I think you've gotten your wires crossed somewhere.

I've not been talking about any person or people - I'm talking about the incorrect (by all reasonable standards in which life & freedom are valued) use of the word phobia with regards to an ideology.

Your argument only makes sense if it works equally well re-written as:

If someone hates a murderer because that person is a murderer, then that is murderophobia regardless of whether that person is 'representative' of murders in general.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      "Here is a Facebook post which proves I am right"

"UKIP is Combat 18 and Hitler. If you disagree in any way, even the smallest, you are Combat 18 and Hitler."
      No point reply Unixman. Its another ATW, Darmstadt, SASguru spam fest.

Unless your prepared to post every 5 minutes I'd just leave 'em to it. Leave them alone long enough and they'll end up arguing with each other anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        Ae you talking to me? I think you've gotten your wires crossed somewhere.

I've not been talking about any person or people - I'm talking about the incorrect (by all reasonable standards in which life & freedom are valued) use of the word phobia with regards to an ideology.

Your argument only makes sense if it works equally well re-written as:
        Islamophobia includes prejudice against Muslims and Sadiq Khan is a Muslim.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          If you then propose a target not representative of Islam, then that cannot be an example of islamophobia.

Sorry, you are choosing how to define what is and is not representative of Islam, your argument is a strawman (to use one of your favourite mis-terms, and one of your favourite pass-times - redefining words to suit your argument).

If you say a particular Muslim is not representative of Islam because they do not conform to your opinion of what a representative of Islam should be, then that is based on your belief of what the should be.

Please define what you consider "representative of Islam" to be! (why do I feel like I've had to ask you to give your definitions in the past as well?)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X