• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a house next to busy road

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    A lot more affordable than a nice detached house in a leafy area with good schools and Waitrose...
    Those sorts of things tend to escalate fast though. Especially in shared spaces like flats

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
      Those sorts of things tend to escalate fast though. Especially in shared spaces like flats
      Yeah we know, our very own poster Wilmslow had to deal with his mafia neighbours ...

Comment

A lot more affordable than a nice detached house in a leafy area with good schools and Waitrose...
        Depends on the area, obviously not Birmingham, but sometimes worth considering replacing the bat with a sawn off.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Buying a house next to busy road

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Depends on the area, obviously not Birmingham, but sometimes worth considering replacing the bat with a sawn off.
          Sawn-off bats don't fly very well, trust me.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Sawn-off bats don't fly very well, trust me.
            If you are thinking that way, you don't need to worry.

As a true country man, I'm sure you would just make the "problem" disappear completely.

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere less urban, you have far more choices
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere less urban, you have far more choices
              And so do the people annoying you...its better not to go there not to forget regardless of how pissed off you are, taking a weapon around to your neighbors house to explain matters is likely to get you some peace in the form of your own cell. That's if they don't report a firearm incident and get you shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                That's if they don't report a firearm incident and get you shot.
                Surely they accidentally shoot you first and only then report firearms incident? Otherwise it looks like premeditaded murder...

Comment

I lived next to a busy road for 7 years, double decker buses each way every 10mins from 530am till midnight, when they went past my door knocker and rads in house vibrated, in rooms where we had windows open alof black dust would collect. You get used to it in end but I always knew deep down I would have to move because of noise. The prices I paid reflected the location and the price I sold it at did to. I would not buy next to busy road again but if it helps you get up property ladder and you recon it will sell later on its worth considering, I had a queue of people wanting mine but it was in London.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Yep, when I cannot hear the trains at my parents unless I listen out for them and I moved away 26 years ago. In fact the only time I hear them is when explicitly listening out for its arrival (it gives me a 10 minutes warning for the 3 minute walk to the station to catch its return to London)
                    I lived a few hundred yards from the main line through Durham and actually quite liked it... you heard the odd 'toot' and the noise of the trains was quite soothing. Although the houses did tremble every time a train went by,

I don't think Waitrose tend to build in the countryside, they prefer towns.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Depends on the A road. This one's not too bad.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.58...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Comment

Working...
                      X