• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where next for Japan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Interesting, their aversion to immigration will drive them all into poverty.
    A few years ago the missus bought a small new Mazda and so we got the Mazda magazine sent regularly.
    And in there was an article about a black graduate from a design university from the US who Mazda had recruited to improve the design of their cars.
    Which is very unusual for them.
    So it's not surprising that Mazda are the only Jap car manufacturer whose cars actually look OK, they seem open to getting outsiders to contribute.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      After all restaurants in London were just as packed at the height of the deepest recession since the war
      Just an aside, I always find this 'deepest recession' quote interesting. It may have been technically, but the people of the UK are clearly materially better off in terms of life's essentials (housing, clothing and food).

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Just an aside, I always find this 'deepest recession' quote interesting. It may have been technically, but the people of the UK are clearly materially better off in terms of life's essentials (housing, clothing and food).
        Some people. I hardly noticed it. But i'm sure other people did.
        Why do you assume your experience is representative?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Japan is on borrowed time.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            So the only solution is an ever increasing population? Using up ever more resources?

At some point we all have to learn to live within our means. Either we can do it ourselves or it is forced upon us.
            The population has been increasing since man evolved several hundred thousand years ago, and that hasn't stopped us getting wealthier.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Some people. I hardly noticed it. But i'm sure other people did.
              Why do you assume your experience is representative?
              It doesn't need my experience to be representative. Just looking at simple empirical data concerning things like the number of houses with central heating, cost of food relative to income and the like will show people are better off. Here's a nice article from the BBC:

What central heating has done for us

Comment

It doesn't need my experience to be representative. Just looking at simple empirical data concerning things like the number of houses with central heating, cost of food relative to income and the like will show people are better off. Here's a nice article from the BBC:

What central heating has done for us
                Not sure what that has to do with the sharp slowdown that happened in 2007?
                I'm sure many people lost their homes etc., the effect being somewhat muted by QE and the flooding of the market with cheap money.
                The effects are here with us still, in pensions funds deficits, low interest on savings etc.

If you are angling for CUK Cretin of the Year, be warned that the competition is fierce.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not sure what that has to do with the sharp slowdown that happened in 2007?
                  I'm sure many people lost their homes etc., the effect being somewhat muted by QE and the flooding of the market with cheap money.
                  The effects are here with us still, in pensions funds deficits, low interest on savings etc.

If you are angling for CUK Cretin of the Year, be warned that the competition is fierce.
                  Asperger’s, public school prat or a combination of both? You said:

"height of the deepest recession..."

I pointed out that the conditions people live in are far better than previous generations. Basically that the deepest recession doesn't mean, in general, the standard of living was as bad - in fact nothing like. Your somewhat erroneous argument about repossessions means nothing. They weren't been put into the poor house.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    The population has been increasing since man evolved several hundred thousand years ago, and that hasn't stopped us getting wealthier.
                    I think there is a limit of how much population we can get on the planet.....

Comment

A statement to the uber cretin
                      Just put the uber cretin on ignore. He just spouts utter bollux.

Or you could tell him you have loads of money and see how quickly his opinion of you changes.

Comment

Working...
                      X