• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Voting to remain is not the same as "carry on as we are..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why is the loosing side always the victim?
    Not playing the victim at all. The idea that Cameron has secured any meaningful concessions whatsoever, or that the EU take any notice of us (other than when cashing our cheques) is specious.

I fully expect "In" to win the referendum. Neither side can take any particular pride in the way they are conducting themselves; the whole thing is being driven by speculation, mis-truths and FUD, from both sides.

ps. It's "losing".

Comment

Why is the losing side always the victim?
      So they can emboss themselves as the downtrodden 45.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        And Canadians all go south of the border for any non-trivial treatment because the Canadian care sucks.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        That sounds scary. Where's your evidence for this?

None, because it's false. It's his religious belief that they do.

Most Canadians do not go to the US for medical treatment.

Myths about Canada, U.S. health care debunked - MarketWatch

More than 52,000 Canadians travelled abroad for health care last year, study finds | National Post

So the actual data is:
        The percentage of Canadian patients who travelled abroad to receive non-emergency medical care was 1.1 per cent, an increase compared to 0.9 per cent in 2013.

Canada had the second-worst overall ranking among the health care systems of 11 industrialized nations... Only the American health care system ranked worse overall.

Oh, and note that nowhere does it say they are all going to the US. Of that 1.1% that leave Canada for treatment, what % are going to the US?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Why is the losing side always the victim?
          I don't know. please tell us.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The EU gives you cancer - fact

I read it in the Daily Mail so it must be true

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              None, because it's false. It's his religious belief that they do.

Most Canadians do not go to the US for medical treatment.

Myths about Canada, U.S. health care debunked - MarketWatch

More than 52,000 Canadians travelled abroad for health care last year, study finds | National Post

So the actual data is:

Oh, and note that nowhere does it say they are all going to the US. Of that 1.1% that leave Canada for treatment, what % are going to the US?
              I'm sure SO wouldn't invent something like that, so if you don't mind, I'll await his response.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                No it's the same as usual, better actually as Cam will have got reforms. ...
                Reforms?! Please stop - You're killing me!

His pathetic negotiations were totally fruitless and worthless, obtaining not a single binding commitment.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Reforms?! Please stop - You're killing me!

His pathetic negotiations were totally fruitless and worthless, obtaining not a single binding commitment.
                  The phrase 'in a reformed Europe' seems to have disappeared from Remain's lexicon. Also note it was Europe, not EU.

Comment

but if we remain the UK can continue to shape the future of the EU.
                    I think you miss the point - we want to leave because we do not care about the EU - so we have no interest in shaping it....

But also you know when you get a builder to do something you may pay the bill - 5% which is held over in case of issues - the builder then has a vested interest in coming back to fix any issues.

So in essence as soon we vote to remain we have lost any bargaining power or leverage to make any changes what so ever to the EU and the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      So in essence as soon we vote to remain we have lost any bargaining power or leverage to make any changes what so ever to the EU and the rules.
                      You can hardly complain at that point as the UK kind of struck the match.

I agree, a remain vote will make the UK much weaker. And the EU stronger if anything. It'll be like grandad on life-support and no-one wants to turn the switch off.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X