• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Philip Green must repay £400m or lose knighthood, says MP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Of course he didn't. Fine, upstanding chap that he is.
    I resent very strongly those who get wealth for doing nothing. But Philip Green is not one of those. He took money out when the business was doing well. A pity he could not work to turn it around instead of selling it. But that is his choice.

The UK has to encourage job creators and those who work hard. The feckless(typified by bankers) are another story.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Disappointing. I didn't have you down as a non-analytic knee-jerk follower.
      I can live with your disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Evidence for what?

I've got the flaming torch ready to light.

After all, everything he & the next bunch did was "legal".
        So 90% of people on this site who take divis from their profitable companies need quotes around the "legal"?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          So 90% of people on this site who take divis from their profitable companies need quotes around the "legal"?
          Provided the pension payments are up to date, then they do not.

The question is whether the pension payments were up to date. And they look like they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            His morality is being questioned, in order to make a valid claim for his KBE? The moral maze is never straightforward... 🎖
            It's a good character thingy innit? Just how did he get KBE with money channeled to his wife's in Monaco, it was legal, but that sort of thing should have precluded him from getting anything other than tax investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It's a good character thingy innit? Just how did he get KBE with money channeled to his wife's in Monaco, it was legal, but that sort of thing should have precluded him from getting anything other than tax investigation.
              You just don't get it do you? What you say is the way it ought to happen.

The reality is it is bought. Like DA being poster of the year! WTAF!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Philip Green takes the role of BMW in the Rover scandal. I don't think he did anything wrong.
                He picked muppets (probably the cheapest) who could not run the firm for at least 2 years before it crashed?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Their "fashion" is so obsolete even 70 year olds won't buy it.
                  I buy at M&S...

Comment

Working...
                  X