• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daftest question from an agent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    And to think, you could have saved yourself at least 30p...
    only the full service including the "Accountants Audit" would have swung it for me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Agent called me - asked if I had a family or a pet. He was checking out my willingness to travel.

He asked how I would feel about travelling to Newquay - not a problem I reply, there is a train from my home town that goes there, provided the role suits and ther rate is okay.

Half an hour later he said the role was in Milton Keynes. So, why ask me about travel to Newquay?

Had a chutney spooner on Friday commiting to a rate before he talks about the role.

This used to be a straightforward game. I am honestly thinking about working in B&Q.
      Shouldn't they be more concentrated on finding the right candidate, and leave the pets question up to him or her? Oh, no, hang on, we're dealing with real morons here. Sorry, Agents. Spot the difference...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Few months ago - Agent: "Do you want to work for a brilliant client where the work is interesting and you'll be wanting to go to work every day?"

Umm. Me: "Whats the role, rate and location?".

Agent: "/crap rate, Neath, South Wales"

Me: "Thanks for the interest but that's a bit low for me."

Agent (throwing toys out of the cot): "Well my client is looking for quality people and doesn't want people like you anyway if you can't see past the rate and see how good they are"

Twat.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Few months ago - Agent: "Do you want to work for a brilliant client where the work is interesting and you'll be wanting to go to work every day?"

Agent (throwing toys out of the cot): "Well my client is looking for quality people and doesn't want people like you anyway if you can't see past the rate and see how good they are"

Twat.
          Truth hurts?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Would you consider perm?

"No, mullet. While you're fishing."
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Twat.
              I would ask first about the role in detail and see if is an interesting role, instead of the rate.
              The question is moronic and answer from the agent it’s not professional. Why he called you?

Comment

You upped your game I see.

Twat.
                Clients are nobheads, agents are twats, fellow contractors are idiots, client permies are whatever you called them last.

Everyone has a name.... But you. Damn you must be good.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                  I would ask first about the role in detail and see if is an interesting role, instead of the rate.
                  The question is moronic and answer from the agent it’s not professional. Why he called you?
                  About a role in Neath.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Twat.
                    Did you get your benefits sanctioned?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Gisajob.

I live there.
                      Sorry to hear that. Afraid I didnt even get as far as the client name.

But the rate was 50% of normal. Crap even for wales.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X