• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dozens of people are filmed snatching bottles of water left for marathon runners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Congrats!! Do you want sponsoring?
    Thank you very much I have dropped you a PM

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I'd not heard of the alcoholic, dope smoking long distance running technique, is it some new performance method that came out of Loughborough?
    I suppose it numbs the pain from the chafing and bleeding nipples

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Tempted to do it next year then?

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You can enter the London Marathon in 2nd May.

As long as you can walk 26 miles in a day you will get a medal.

Then you can put your own photos up...
    I wouldn't do it without training. Put it this way do you really want to walk a 26.2 mile walk of shame with thousands of people hurling abuse at you as you slowly bimble round the course. Thought not

Comment

Originally posted by redgiant View Post
      There are a lot of MPs and senior people in the legal profession that pay a great deal for that "service" and here you are moaning about getting it for free
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        dozens of people are filmed snatching bottles of water left for marathon runners
        Don't they realise marathon runners wee in bottles as they run, to save stopping, and briefly pause at urine collection points to leave the bottles in neat rows ?

(and they've drunk so much water before the race, to keep them going the distance, that their wee is pretty much clear.)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I wouldn't do it without training. Put it this way do you really want to walk a 26.2 mile walk of shame with thousands of people hurling abuse at you as you slowly bimble round the course. Thought not
          I can run them.

And I don't like doing Spring marathons as you have to train in the dark and cold but it's guaranteed to be hot the year you decide to do one.....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wear a good sports bra and you won't have that problem.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Don't they realise marathon runners wee in bottles as they run, to save stopping, and briefly pause at urine collection points to leave the bottles in neat rows ?

(and they've drunk so much water before the race, to keep them going the distance, that their wee is pretty much clear.)
              I think they call that "recycling"...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Biggest problem running though deptford and the isle of dogs were all the drunks and people smoking weed.
                You had to fight the urge to stop and join in?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  You had to fight the urge to stop and join in?
                  — Extremely Crossfaded Runner Determined To Silence...

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                  X