• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What happens went they want your Mortgage money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Halifax raises mortgage borrowing age limit to 80 | Money | The Guardian

Halifax just gone to age 80 - 'others will have to follow".

The Internet says I'm only going to live until 85, so I'm nearly covered and there's plenty of time left for our world-leading Financial Services sector to get around to add another uplift.
    Not after that "accident" I've arranged for you after taking out a life insurance policy on you.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wow- That was Quick!!!

Nationwide raises home loan age limit to 85 years - BBC News

"Tom McPhail, head of pensions research at Hargreaves Lansdown, told the BBC the change could shake up the mortgage market.

"Why pay off the mortgage at at all?" he said on Radio 5 Live.

"As long as the value of the property is there to meet the liability in the future, why worry about paying it off when you are alive?" he added"
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Nationwide raises home loan age limit to 85 years - BBC News

"Tom McPhail, head of pensions research at Hargreaves Lansdown, told the BBC the change could shake up the mortgage market.

"Why pay off the mortgage at at all?" he said on Radio 5 Live.

"As long as the value of the property is there to meet the liability in the future, why worry about paying it off when you are alive?" he added"
        Renting from the banks. That is the future. Back to interest only, 100 year terms. You buy a house, rent it from the bank and when you die, your family sell it and pay off the mortgage.

As long as prices go up forever, this is great.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Renting from the banks. That is the future. Back to interest only, 100 year terms. You buy a house, rent it from the bank and when you die, your family sell it and pay off the mortgage.

As long as prices go up forever, this is great.
          Sounds great for the inheriting children... Less so for the idiot with a mortgage for life...

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
            Sounds great for the inheriting children... Less so for the idiot with a mortgage for life...
            if my mortgage was at 2% from 30 years old it would be the equivalent of £20 a week when I'm 80.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Halifax raises mortgage borrowing age limit to 80 | Money | The Guardian

Halifax just gone to age 80 - 'others will have to follow".

The Internet says I'm only going to live until 85, so I'm nearly covered and there's plenty of time left for our world-leading Financial Services sector to get around to add another uplift.
              world has gone fecking nuts , i`m not even 40 yet and the thought of having to pay a mortgage makes me want to live in a van with a bed in the back

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I would imagine that anyone paying an interest-only mortgage knows EXACTLY how they are going to repay that actual mortgage at the end of the mortgage period.

If they don't then they're idiots.

(Say the smug git who paid her mortgage off in the first 3 years of contracting.)
                You must be:-

A) Minted, or
                B) Live in Wales (pop in to see me!)
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

A) Minted, or
                  B) Live in Wales (pop in to see me!), Scotland, Northern Ireland or anywhere north of the Watford Gap.
                  FTFY

Comment

A) Minted, or
                    C) A lot better paid than you are. Or claims more JSA
                    D) Following the SueEllen method and has 3 hubbies/Wives under the Patio
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A) Minted, or
                      Probably just very well planned with a lot of sacrifices along the way. Perhaps a helpful inheritance too

Comment

Working...
                      X