• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain would go to the ‘back of the queue' for US trade deals post-Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    And why would you want to vote for a massive drop in house prices?

It will only happen if BoE gets rates back where they should be - 5-6%, which it might be forced to defend sterling as otherwise inflation will take off (UK imports more than exports), so if house prices drop by half with new higher interest rates they will remain unaffordable anyway, with lots of people in negative equity.

Is this what you voting for?
    I think that scenario is very likely: 20% drop in sterling, inflation forces rate rise, house price drop.
    But contrary to the fantasies of MM, this will not benefit the bottom rung in any way.
    I wonder also if the current account deficit which is the largest in the developed world as share of GDP (and 2nd largest absolutely behind the US - a shocking statistic) would fare ...
    Last edited by sasguru; 24 April 2016, 16:13.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Yes.
      Well, then you are an idiot.

Comment

It took you this long to work that out?
        Last edited by sasguru; 24 April 2016, 17:05.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

[emoji26]
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            It took you this long to work that out?
            I tend to give idiots benefit of the doubt...

Comment

MM only wants a drop in your house price.

Of course, if you had children you may think differently about house prices. I suppose you would have to lose your virginity first.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                MM only wants a drop in your house price.
                That's right. I want affordable prices, well built houses, and a benign market. Keep prices down and folk have more money in their pockets and a better life.

Sure a few boomers and BTL might earn a bit less. My heart bleeds for them.

Comment

That's right. I want affordable prices, well built houses, and a benign market. Keep prices down and folk have more money in their pockets and a better life.

Sure a few boomers and BTL might earn a bit less. My heart bleeds for them.
                  Aren't you nearly 40? How come you don't own a house? Someone your age should have benefited from the boom before they became too expensive.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Aren't you nearly 40? How come you don't own a house? Someone your age should have benefited from the boom before they became too expensive.
                    I do own a house. It is very small and crampt. But I am fortunate compared to folk 10 years younger than me. No rich aunties or BOMAD in my family.

Comment

I do own a house. It is very small and crampt. But I am fortunate compared to folk 10 years younger than me. No rich aunties or BOMAD in my family.
                      So it's just envy and greed that drives you?
                      What do you do for a living? Any wife and kids?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X