• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not the only JSA claimant in Wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He can join Foreign Legion.

Or join the Army, what's the problem - they are recruiting all the time!
    I think he meant mandatory.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I think he meant mandatory.
      It's one thing not being able to find job one likes, but joining the Army is relatively easy (for young reasonably healthy), it's a no brainer - very safe too.

Comment

It's one thing not being able to find job one likes, but joining the Army is relatively easy (for young reasonably healthy), it's a no brainer - very safe too.
        Have you tried it recently? I know a couple who have. Both accepted, both had 18 month wait before starting training. One signals one engineering.

Also for some reason I didnt understand were then unable to claim continying jsa in that period.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          Have you tried it recently? I know a couple who have. Both accepted, both had 18 month wait before starting training. One signals one engineering.
          Yeah, them budget cuts....

Foreign Legion is the best option, tell them I sent you ...

Comment

Safe? Don't you watch the news? We have ISIS for starters, we've apparently committed to "helping" Ukraine if the Russkies kick off, and to cap it all off, we got the feck out of Afghanistan basically leaving the Taliban in charge. I'm not sure which definition of "safe" applies here...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Safe? Don't you watch the news? We have ISIS for starters, we've apparently committed to "helping" Ukraine if the Russkies kick off, and to cap it all off, we got the feck out of Afghanistan basically leaving the Taliban in charge. I'm not sure which definition of "safe" applies here...
              It turned out that the Budapest Memorandum was NOT ratified in UK, so UK got no legally binding commitments...

UK Army is very safe, even in Iraq/Afghanistan - good air cover, equipment good...

Comment

Yes I meant mandatory
                I wasn't just thinking of my three sons in particular, I just think the youth of today seem rather rudderless and perhaps would benefit from a bit of genuine SDC even if just to wean them off sitting all day in front of wretched paystations and eXtractBoxes!
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
                  My oldest son is one of those statistics
                  He moved out after he completed his A levels and went to live in York, he was full of optimism.
                  Then some what demotivated a few months later he ended up moving to Treorchy (RCT).
                  I am deeply saddened to say he has never worked ever, though not for want of trying, and I doubt he ever will all the time he lives where he does.

I wish there still was National Service - something that would at least kick start them a bit.
                  Why'd he move to Treorchy? Now this really is a back end of nowhere tuliphole. Or is where your from?

Fair enough there are no jobs in the Rhondda. BUT, its an hour on the train to Cardiff......

Saying that I've got a nephew who lives in Cardiff. 10 mins from city centre and he "can't find a job anywhere". Yeh right.

Got a young lad at client co. Gets £12K a year. From Cornwall originally. IT apprentice. He got the job moved 200 miles to live in a city he knows no-one to get a job. Lives in scruffy shared house because thats all he can afford. Impressed me anyway.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    it would hurt my dignity if i claimed jsa as a contractor
                    Ha ha. Think of the cash though :-)

Not as bad as BJs for a tenner ;-)
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Ha ha. Think of the cash though :-)

Not as bad as BJs for a tenner ;-)
                      Arguable....
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X