• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seven risks of voting to remain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
    My friends son

Off the record

No direct effect

All these immigrants coming here blah blah blah, but when you ask how its affecting YOU, you get a lot of waffle and unverifiable rhetoric.

I can see quite easily what you are trying to do here. If I were a paid stooge with no argument to make I would do the same. What I will say is that we have our own opinions and experiences. Sometimes we make opinions and judgements on matters of which we have no experience whatsoever. If we look at the logic of what you are trying to do which is that we are not entitled to be against something unless we experience something negative against ourselves then few of us would be permitted to have any opinion on many topics - like terrorism, farming, pollution, NHS abortion or criminal sentencing. I would imagine the list to be pretty endless of things that stooges like you believe that we should not have an opinion on.
    Most of us have been affected by immigration - for good or bad large or small. What we are entitled however is our opinion and to be free to speak as we like - something your friends in the EU would put a stop to if they have their way http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/wo...ship.html?_r=0
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Ah bless - One of those starry eyed virtue signalling idealists who profess to care more about the whole wide World than their own country (if the UK even is your country, which I doubt).

What, pray, is wrong with wanting to send your mediocre kid to the best school, instead of some place completely dumbed down to suit the needs of immigrants who can barely speak English (as many schools in the UK already are) ?

I suspect dx4100 may side with me on that, as he seems to want the best for his kids.
      Competition is good.
      To be honest - in recent years there were about 1 milion of Ukrainians that have come to Poland to work (you might not believe it but look it up) .
      And general response of poles is "let them come , as many as possible". People know they are hard working, have similar culture and speak their language.

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
        With your margins and contractor placements, would have thought it was private school all the way
        My 2 kids go to good comps - leaves me more money for things I like doing
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          My 2 kids go to good comps - leaves me more money for things I like doing
          send them to Poland - we get school for free =)

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
            I think the worst is long gone now. And if immigrants can't get a job or benefits they go back to their country in 90% of cases
            You are kind of victim of your own success. Immigrant can come to London and get a job the next day. And you, mostly owners, can only benefit from cheap workforce.
            The thickos will always complain and look for easy victims though
            We need to control exactly what immigrants we allow or invite to live and work in the UK

Comment

We need to control exactly what immigrants we allow or invite to live and work in the UK
              You control it - from outside of EU
              Are you aware that last year there was 300k immigrants from EU and 600k from outside of eu which YOU let in and gave Visas?
              Then why not tacle that whooping 600k before going after eastern europe from the same UNION?
              Last edited by diseasex; 20 April 2016, 15:29.

Comment

Ah bless - One of those starry eyed virtue signalling idealists who profess to care more about the whole wide World than their own country (if the UK even is your country, which I doubt).

What, pray, is wrong with wanting to send your mediocre kid to the best school, instead of some place completely dumbed down to suit the needs of immigrants who can barely speak English (as many schools in the UK already are) ?

I suspect dx4100 may side with me on that, as he seems to want the best for his kids.
                Ever thought it might be your kid they are dumbing it down for

Comment

Exactly right OH. If you aren't trying to do the best for your kids, you're failing as a parent. I've lost count of the number of friends from the area where I grew up who moved out of the borough because the majority of pupils couldn't speak English. I moved out 20 years ago, and I don't even have kids...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    You control it - from outside of EU
                    Are you aware that last year there was 300k immigrants from EU and 600k from outside of eu which YOU let in and gave Visas?
                    Then why not tackle that whooping 600k before going after eastern europe from the same UNION?
                    Why should we ignore the 300k until we can solve the 600K. I do not see the logic

Comment

Why should we ignore the 300k until we can solve the 600K. I do not see the logic
                      Because you don't have free movement treaty with Asia ?????????????

I'm out
                      Last edited by diseasex; 20 April 2016, 15:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X