• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After a Brexit your todger will fall off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Poor?

Britain's always been outward looking, the days of empire prove that, as do our alliances with our neighbours (and wars against our neighbours) throughout history. To retreat and want nothing to do with other nations couldn't be less British.
    Why does Brexit mean that Britain would become inward looking?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      Retreating from a 40 year association with our closest neighbours and allies is outward looking?

But I was quoting Original PM who said:

I believe the UK should stand alone for the next 20 to 30 years
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        That's the problem right there. British politics is beyond saving now. It matters not which of the big parties we vote in they're both the same.
        They're not the same at all, they're just equally bad.

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        One of our rare agreements. We rely on trade and would still be part of Commonwealth, NATO, etc.
        I doubt it would mean we get embroiled less in world affairs and world conflicts since we can still remain on very close terms with the EU (like we do the US).
        I'm not even sure it would lead to less foreign aid and helping refugees, etc although this seems the most likely way our global involvement might drop, and would not be a good thing in my view though others might see it as a plus.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Retreating from a 40 year association with our closest neighbours and allies is outward looking?

So the whole concept of being inward or outward looking is defined by whether you want to be part of the EU or not is it?
          The EU therefore is the sole purveyor of all things good about the UKs connection with the outside world is it?

If the EU does holds such a monopolistic position then we are better out of it.

As for the 40 year bit are you one of those people that defines how good something is by the amount of time you have spent doing it or being part of it?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Not sure how that one works? Norway and Switzerland don't seem terribly isolated and inward looking.

When we leave the EU I guess we'll just have to make do with being members of these handful of international organisations.

Comment

Working...
            X