• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reid outlines new EU work curbs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, wait for the complaints when western 'entrepeneurs' buy up eastern european companies, real estate etc... driving up prices and leaving the locals high and dry....

Oops, I forgot, they will get EU grants which will prop up their upper middle class.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      They'll never get round IR35...wait of course they will becuase HMRC are too busy chasing us.

I used to work with a lot of Polish guys. They were the best people that I had ever worked with, hard working and intelligent. However then they learned thier rights and became as lazy as me. Time to kick em out I say.

I thought HMRC had been outsourced to india? Their systems are certainly pretty tulipe - they 'lost' 16 grand of my tax once and wouldn't believe i'd paid it until my bank provided a statement showing the full transfer and tracking to their account....
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Most of the Eastern Europeans who are IT workers are here already.

I know cos I've worked with some, and when I've been to Bulgaria on Skiing holidays the staff talk about how fat their friends who have moved to Britain to work, have got.

The thing that makes all the Eastern Europeans unhappy like everyone else is now the government has no excuse not to let in the criminals.

Oh and you can already buy holiday homes in Bulgaria. You could for about the last 4 years.

Comment

You mean they see England as some paradise that they will move to, but their criminal fellow countrymen might ruin El Dorado?

Boy, are they in for a shock...

This could make the race riots of the 80's look like a school play rehearsal.
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

P.S we are DOOMED...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6082194.stm

We wont be allowed to work in Romania and Bulgaria...

I won't sleep tonight.

"Finland has formally announced it would open its labour market for Bulgarians and Romanians, followed by several eastern European newcomers, notably Poland.

But Germany, France and other large member states seem unwilling to follow suit.

All eyes now are on Spain and Italy, where Romanians and Bulgarians are already working in their hundreds of thousands.

On 1st January 2007, they will become the poorest among EU citizens, but will gain the freedom to live and travel across the bloc and may simply be driven onto the black market.
            "

So, as previously mentioned, the chief architects of EU expansion are the first to say 'non' to immigrant workers... perhaps this is war by other means...? Run down the neighbouring powerful EU countries while maintaining your own identity, culture, and workforce...
            Last edited by mcquiggd; 24 October 2006, 20:11.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

MP's duties

5. Members have a duty to uphold the law, including the general law against discrimination, and to act on all occasions in accordance with the public trust placed in them.

6. Members have a general duty to act in the interests of the nation as a whole; and a special duty to their constituents.

I wonder how they explain to their constituents that it is in their interests to import cheap labour?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

We had to open our whole capital market for foreign investment back in 89. This basically means that the population pays all the investment needed for banks, telcos and energy companies in a very short timespan.

Example: T-Mobile Hungary is the most profitable member in the T group, fully owned by Deutsche Telecom.

We have a serious problem with foreign companies moving their profits out of the country, damaging our current-account balance, thus putting inflationary pressure on the economy.

Mind you, Britain only liberalised it's capital markets fully in the 70s, so it was only fair to expect that from us on the spot, right?

Britain at least opened it's labour market, so we do have _some_ capital flowing back, the other ones, they are simply stealing our livelyhoods on a daily basis.

The damn polish ignorant masses took our highly qualified jobs.
                Last edited by BarbarianAtTheDoor; 25 October 2006, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  They'll never get round IR35...wait of course they will becuase HMRC are too busy chasing us.

I used to work with a lot of Polish guys. They were the best people that I had ever worked with, hard working and intelligent. However then they learned thier rights and became as lazy as me. Time to kick em out I say.
                  Good point ! I'm working with an Indian lad who turned up expecting 12 hour days on his first UK contract but I have managed to train him in a matter of months in the idle ways required of a contractor in a big disorganised UK Co.

Comment

Working...
                  X