• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blah... boomers...envy...ladybags.. house prices.. (What, another Daily Mail thread?)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Right. Thanks for that.

So have any of your network done the BOMAD thing?
    Yep.

They were middle class/wealthy.

Others include those who whose parents had failed businesses so were bankrupt, or simply had no money so did it themselves. There are also those with early parental deaths in my circle so had money they wouldn't have had but also no family home, and those who used RTB.

The people who have ended up completely screwed are the ones who did an arts or social sciences degree without middle class/wealthly parents but didn't go into some form of sales.
    Last edited by SueEllen; 5 April 2016, 20:52.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Fwk me. Are you an orphan or summat? Should be over it by your age, whatever it is.
      No I'm not an orphan.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Really? Your posts indicate a moronic cretin who did not pay attention at school.

The kids at my school got rapped over the knuckles when they did not listen. Were you like that?

You know f00k all about statistics and reality.
        Yes wish I was as clever, successful and bright as you
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          He doesn't insult people with every post, which is greatly more advanced than your silly little jibes.

Comment

And modest...

Comment

Hmmm well actually virtually everyone I know has had parents help.

Buying a house whilst their kids are at uni, the spare rooms rented out, and the deeds handed over on graduation.

£20, £40, £80k gifted deposits for house purchases.

BOMAD is rampant.
              And I guess that all these altruistic parents are from the tightwad Boomer generation that you are forever castigating?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So have any of your network done the BOMAD thing?
                I have.

When I was young my parents used to give me pocket money each week - initially 10p or 15p and by the time I was into double figures it had risen to £1.

If I was naughty, I didn't get any.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  And I guess that all these altruistic parents are from the tightwad Boomer generation that you are forever castigating?

Yes, I think it is the guilt.

Comment

He doesn't insult people with every post, which is greatly more advanced than your silly little jibes.
                    Read this thread again - I called you whiny which is accurate, BP came out with off-topic insults.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Read this thread again - I called you whiny which is accurate, BP came out with off-topic insults.
                      On this thread you have been quite restrained.

Comment

Working...
                      X