• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New job ooop North

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    Giggs was born in Cardiff, Bez and Sean Rider should be in Corrie, they could run the garage doing cut n shuts and dodgy MOTs.
    I know Giggs was born in Cardiff but he was raised in Salford and sounds like a local.
    Shaun Ryder is a good shout - Little Hulton lad, so right at the north end of Salford.
    Bez is the same as Ryan, moving to Salford as a lad.

I'm surprised there's not been much about the gangs of Salford - potential reference to Ordsall estate, etc. Talking of which, Perry Boys is a great read. That said, they probably accept that southerners are clueless about the difference between Salford and Manchester and as long as the accents are northern but neither scouse nor Geordie then they'll get away with it.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sean Ryder was sick on my mate in the Hycienda. There was an all night cafe just around the corner called Jeruselem, scary place after the clubs kicked out with party goers and various ne'er-do-wells. Another club just down the road used to sell drugs from the cafe bar, casual as anything. Crazy times.

Comment

Are there any slim wimmin oop North? - most appear to be like Viz's Fat Slags

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

And why oh why can't Northern pedestrians adopt London etiquette for pavement walking

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Are there any slim wimmin oop North? - most appear to be like Viz's Fat Slags

Yes.

I was once one.

(That's when I lived up North.)
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Yes.

I was once one.

(That's when I lived up North.)
              So now you're a thin slag?

Comment

Working...
              X