• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stephen Crabb announces there will be no further cuts to welfare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    but the rest is the usual bolloxs
    I'd disagree. That is a pretty good CV for an MP. At least he's done some work that is not only real-world, but actually worthy (apart form the "marketing consultant" bit).

He's clearly worked very hard to get where he is. I'd never heard of him before, but I suspect he may be one to keep an eye on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Presumably you would like anyone on welfare to be euthanized?
      These "silly" science fiction films are not looking so silly any more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run_(film)
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Don't be silly, welfare costs are dropping like a stone as the Tories get everyone into well-paid, rewarding, aspirational jobs.

In seriousness if unemployment is falling surely welfare costs must be dropping, as a share of GDP if not in absolute terms? Especially with welfare caps and other "stop taking the piss" measures.
        They remain pretty constant thanks to too many wailing leftie liberals wanting to pay people to do nothing in order to make themselves seem virtuous
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You've got to give them some praise for the way they've rallied round to make IDS look like a complete idiot.

Everything in this budget will be scrapped in a few months anyway. Brexit vote gives them all the justification they need for really savage spending cuts.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            They remain pretty constant thanks to too many wailing leftie liberals wanting to pay people to do nothing in order to make themselves seem virtuous
            You're just spouting rhetoric without logic. Less unemployed means less on benefits. Caps on welfare means less benefits. Local caps on how much housing benefit can be claimed means less benefits.

Who is all this extra money going to? The welfare state has been in the hands of people who aren't 'wailing leftie liberals' for about 6 years now.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              These "silly" science fiction films are not looking so silly any more https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_Run_(film)
              I'd vote for "Carrousel". For agents....

Comment

Yes, but Jenny Agutter should get to stay with us.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  You're just spouting rhetoric without logic. Less unemployed means less on benefits. Caps on welfare means less benefits. Local caps on how much housing benefit can be claimed means less benefits.

Who is all this extra money going to? The welfare state has been in the hands of people who aren't 'wailing leftie liberals' for about 6 years now.
                  That may be the logic but the reality is that welfare has continued to rise in line with growth

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X