• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Big Greggs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do sell black and white coffee in coffee shops - and latte and cappuccino are not too bad although there's as many calories in milk as in beer.

Are syrupy coffees the vast majority these days?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      They do sell black and white coffee in coffee shops - and latte and cappuccino are not too bad although there's as many calories in milk as in beer.

To emphasise the point I always ask for an 'Americano, black please' despite AIUI 'an Americano' being black coffee anyway. Even then they say 'Do you want milk in it?'

No! Not drank milk for decades!

Comment

They're trained to ask you what you want, then the follow-up questions. Stop listening when you say "americano" until they ask "want milk?" and start listening again

Comment

But you can go to the opposite extreme and end up with literally an egg cup sized cup with a shallow puddle of black primordial ooze at the bottom.

Not sure what it is called, but I accidently ordered one only the other month and had to hand it back, saying there had been a misunderstanding!

On the rare occasions I venture anywhere near a coffee shop, I always just ask for a medium cup of instant black coffee.

Can't go wrong with that, because you can add your own milk and a teaspoon of sugar as required.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Indeed - the hipsters drink of choice is a MoccaChoccochino with vanilla syrup

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              But you can go to the opposite extreme and end up with literally an egg cup sized cup with a shallow puddle of black primordial ooze at the bottom.

Not sure what it is called, but I accidently ordered one only the other month and had to hand it back, saying there had been a misunderstanding!
              A Ristretto for a guess, although how you order one of those by mistake I don't know

Originally posted by Wikipedia
              Ristretto is traditionally a short shot of espresso coffee made with the normal amount of ground coffee but extracted with about half the amount of water.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Indeed - the hipsters drink of choice is a MoccaChoccochino with vanilla syrup
                Well of course it's the hipsters. You hardly needed to say.

Back in your day you probably spent your lunch having 4 pints of lager and a pack of salt & vinegar instead of ingesting unhealthy coffees

Comment

Well of course it's the hipsters. You hardly needed to say.

Back in your day you probably spent your lunch having 4 pints of lager and a pack of salt & vinegar instead of ingesting unhealthy coffees
                  Funny you should say that I worked as a recruitment agent when I first left uni and lunch time beer was expected.

As we worked above a pub it was also expected that you bring a pint back for the afternoon to drink at your desk.

Where you could also smoke.

Ah the good old days

:-)

Comment

A mate is a journalist and tells me of the good old days in that profession too

Comment

A mate is a journalist and tells me of the good old days in that profession too
                      Surprised any of them lived to tell tales....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X