• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merkel decides UK immigration policy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Do you really think thousands of Turks are going to take up Visa free travel to the UK to come and watch the changing of the guard?
    UK is not in the Schengen zone.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
      Sorry what would the EU need to have done "in a timely fashion" - stop the war in Syria?
      But this mass movement of people aren't just Syrian, far from it. The EU first failed to realise the scale of the problem, then said it could cope - all are welcome - and now has resorted to bribing Turkey mainly due to some guilt hang-up that Germany carries from the War. Basically it's been flip-flopping message-wise and thereby compounding the problem.

Comment

And how long before Turkey says 6 billion isn't enough and wants another 3 billion

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
          And how long before Turkey says 6 billion isn't enough and wants another 3 billion
          Pay it, better that than hordes arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            Pay it, better that than hordes arriving.
            Suppose it's only cost about £7.50 for each of us so far, or £30 for my household.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              UK is not in the Schengen zone.
              Indeed but that isn't the point
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                But this mass movement of people aren't just Syrian, far from it. The EU first failed to realise the scale of the problem, then said it could cope - all are welcome - and now has resorted to bribing Turkey mainly due to some guilt hang-up that Germany carries from the War. Basically it's been flip-flopping message-wise and thereby compounding the problem.
                Well I thought at least half of them were and the Turks are hosting what, 3 million of them? I mean Jordan's population is like %20 refugee now I think, or maybe that's Lebanon? They both have a lot and all three of these countries have a lot less means to deal with them than Europe. Seems fair enough to me to get the EU to pony up some cash to house them all.

Comment

It's been happening since Roman times. Pay off the barbarians or let them sack your civilized cities...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    As an example of how we are surrendering our ability to govern ourselves How can we support an EU that takes months & disallows UK from setting its own welfare yet Merkel can decide on Turkey immigration overnight?
                    Because she's got budget proficit with lower taxation to boot, she knows how to run a country unlike those imbeciles who only attended Eton because they were born in the right family.

HTH

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X