• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Minister hints at pensions tax raid on middle-class savers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Depressing isn't it. I expect your figures are sadly right. For salary when in the 40% bracket £1 - 13.8 er NI = 87.87 2% er's NI, 40% IT = 50.96p retained.
    The depressing part is that all this comes from supposedly Consevative majority Govt

Comment

Osborne and his metropolitan elite are moving into the ground once occupied by Blair and Brown. He is still spunking money on crap (debt increasing defecit not coming down) but his new target are the very people who put him in power. There is nothing to stop him, with an ineffective opposition which has lurched to the left it's a case of how hard do you want to be fecked.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I am now 100% British mate - I whine a lot about things I don't like but do nothing about it ...

You're not truly British unless you claim benefits, are covered in tattoos, fight drunkenly in the local pub, and breed with orange faced chavettes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You're not truly British unless you claim benefits, are covered in tattoos, fight drunkenly in the local pub, and breed with orange faced chavettes.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Where do I sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              There is nothing to stop him, with an ineffective opposition which has lurched to the left it's a case of how hard do you want to be fecked.
              This does not make sense. What do you expect - Labour to offer tax cuts??? They'll just be keeping all tax increases made by Osborne and add some of theirs, that's not how two party system supposed to work - one should be tax cutting and the other tax increasing, now they both seem to be tax increasing. So what you gonna do - on your ******' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say ****** that thing! Let's fight it!

Comment

This does not make sense. What do you expect - Labour to offer tax cuts??? They'll just be keeping all tax increases made by Osborne and add some of theirs, that's not how two party system supposed to work - one should be tax cutting and the other tax increasing, now they both seem to be tax increasing. So what you gonna do - on your ******' knees... begging? I ain't much for begging! Nobody ever gave me nothing! So I say ****** that thing! Let's fight it!
                Do you not understand politics? If the opposition were more to the centre Osborne could not do as much.

Comment

Do you not understand politics? If the opposition were more to the centre Osborne could not do as much.
                  Osborne moved way past center right into Labour territory - he is gambling heavily on being able to buy cheaply many votes on their side than he would lose on Conservative side with increased taxes (Waldorks are expected to continue to vote for Cons again anyway).

The issue isn't Labour, you can't have expectations of them cutting taxes, the real issue is that Camoron and Gidiot turned Conservative party into Bliar/Brown Labour equivalent, at the wrong time too (for us).

Comment

Osborne moved way past center right into Labour territory - he is gambling heavily on being able to buy cheaply many votes on their side than he would lose on Conservative side with increased taxes (Waldorks are expected to continue to vote for Cons again anyway).

The issue isn't Labour, you can't have expectations of them cutting taxes, the real issue is that Camoron and Gidiot turned Conservative party into Bliar/Brown Labour equivalent, at the wrong time too (for us).
                    Part 1 yes (ish)

Part 2 I don't expect Labour to cut tax, but I would expect a Brown Blair type government to tax exactly like this, except their policies would be pleasing to some of the people who switched to Tory and therefore would be an electoral threat forcing Osborne to keep at least his demographic happy. Osborne is screwing the working and middle class and if you are a rural conservative you are especially screwed.
                    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 2 March 2016, 17:02.

Comment

I would expect a Brown Blair type government to tax exactly like this
                      Camoron expressed his admiration for Bliar in the past, both him and Gidiot are piss poor versions of Bliar/Brown - at least the latter had common sense to actually appease their core voters rather than screw them over hoping that core voters of the other party would vote for them next time. Camoron/Gidiot defy logic in what they are doing, but since the whole Conservative party is more or less silent I treat it as them all being guilty

The "elites" of ConLibLab should be very afraid - their actions will end up in some populist leader that would cost them dearly - this is already happening in many countries, not just Greece, but also look at USA with Trump or other Western Europe states.
                      Last edited by AtW; 2 March 2016, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
                      X