• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    So, in a "sellers market", sealed bids are an issue.

Is a "sellers market" one where the prices are rising?

In other words, you are saying that sealed bids are an issue in the UK housing market, or to put it more simply, you think your own argument is wrong.

Just checking that I've not confused myself with your logic.
    Yes, one where prices are rising due to an excess of demand and shortage of supply - you have purchased property before, right?

Otherwise they don't tend to happen because you'll only have one offer on the table. Of course when the market is flat you'll see more fixed price properties, which is first one to make the asking price gets it.

It's really not difficult to understand.
    Last edited by seanraaron; 26 February 2016, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
      Yes, one where prices are rising due to an excess of demand and shortage of supply - you have purchased property before, right?

Otherwise they don't tend to happen because you'll only have one offer on the table. Of course when the market is flat you'll see more fixed price properties, which is first one to make the asking price gets it.

It's really not difficult to understand.

OK, just wanted to check that you disagreed with yourself, that's all. No one needs to argue with you when you can argue with yourself.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        OK, just wanted to check that you disagreed with yourself, that's all. No one needs to argue with you when you can argue with yourself.
        Whatever.

Comment

I've been going through all this pain for the last year.

I've had to pull out of a purchase because I wasn't comfortable about some restrictive covenants on the land.

Not a mistake I'm going to make twice. In fact it has put me off buying anywhere new or anything from a developer (this was a renovation job) where, apparently, covenants are quite common.

For example, things that govern what you can/can't have on your drive which may put off people from buying the developers remaining properties. Or needing planning permission to put up a shed, as in my case.

I'm in the process of buying another place now & I'm getting all the assurances I can upfront that there are no legal nasties lurking....

Comment

Whatever.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              I said WHATEVER! Good day sir! Good day!

Comment

I said WHATEVER! Good day sir! Good day!
                Are you going for good.....
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Are you going for good.....
                  You still believe in Santa, don't you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                    I've been going through all this pain for the last year.

I've had to pull out of a purchase because I wasn't comfortable about some restrictive covenants on the land.

Not a mistake I'm going to make twice. In fact it has put me off buying anywhere new or anything from a developer (this was a renovation job) where, apparently, covenants are quite common.

For example, things that govern what you can/can't have on your drive which may put off people from buying the developers remaining properties. Or needing planning permission to put up a shed, as in my case.
                    Builders only care while they are selling the properties after that they don't give a tulip.

Unfortunately you end up with neighbours who are unhappy with vans with no names on them left on the road but councils don't act and builders don't care if all the properties have been sold.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Builders only care while they are selling the properties after that they don't give a tulip.

Unfortunately you end up with neighbours who are unhappy with vans with no names on them left on the road but councils don't act and builders don't care if all the properties have been sold.
                      I've heard they'll gladly amend any such covenants once they've sold all their properties. For a hefty fee....

Comment

Working...
                      X