• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear (tm): Exodus from EU may spark correction in the rental market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Seeing as in September last year they invested another 100 million and in January this year another 26.5 million I can't see them doing that, so just further scaremongering by people bringing up old news stories, on other words non-news, a typical right wing tactic
    I think that was the point

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      French workers are more productive than UK workers.
      What were you smoking lass?

Comment

French workers are more productive than UK workers.
        That's because they know how to eat correctly their croissants

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          What were you smoking lass?
          Link 1
          Link 2

As I stated French workers are more productive than UK ones. However sacking them is damn hard....

Or as it's more expensive to employer people in France you employ less of them and so they are more productive. In the UK you can employ people on various contracts and they still count as being employed even if they do 4 hours a week, so productivity is lower.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            That's because they know how to eat correctly their croissants
            Oh so because you and I eat our croissants correctly and don't buy ones from Tesco we are productive.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh so because you and I eat our croissants correctly and don't buy ones from Tesco we are productive.
              Not just that, but we are also very talented and modest too

Comment

International companies could flee from London if the UK severs ties with Europe finds survey

Up to 200,000 workers could leave London if the UK exits the European Union, resulting in a huge correction in commercial property prices, research has found.
                So you might finally be able to afford a flat?

Comment

House prices and rents in London need to come down.

But companies will not leave London. Who wants to relocate to some foreign place where they don't speak American?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    So you might finally be able to afford a flat?
                    I am already in process of buying a flat - got survey done, solicitor looking at draft contracts, all rather slow

Comment

I am already in process of buying a flat - got survey done, solicitor looking at draft contracts, all rather slow
                      Takes longer with leasehold properties. Hope you've given the lease a good once over.

Comment

Working...
                      X