• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official EU referendum thread. Thursday June 23rd,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Even with an out majority, this govt would not actually leave, it is 100% Europhile govt. The vote would be disregarded.
    Is this an official Out campaign tactic? Convince people that voting out really means in, then after winning say "AHA!".
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Is this an official Out campaign tactic? Convince people that voting out really means in, then after winning say "AHA!".
      Out is the new In.

In is sooooo Out.

HTH BIDI

Comment

This will all be decided in the Eurovision Song Contest in May. I wish Terry Wogan was still with us, I am sure he would have come back for this one.

Comment

And why Camoron did not combine voting on EU and May's normal elections???

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            And why Camoron did not combine voting on EU and May's normal elections???
            It gets better. The amount of money political parties can spend on campaigning is based on the amount of votes they got in the national election in 2015.

Comment

Personally I'm still waiting to see either an official or at least a comprehensive manifesto of some sort by the out crowd as to what the plans for the UK will be after a Brexit. So far all I've seen and read is a lot of hot air, random nutters preaching and a lot of disagreement, not only between the different out groups, but also within themselves which makes me think that they actually have none, they just want to leave the EU because they're just bloody minded cretins....
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Personally I'm still waiting to see either an official or at least a comprehensive manifesto of some sort by the out crowd as to what the plans for the UK will be after a Brexit. So far all I've seen and read is a lot of hot air, random nutters preaching and a lot of disagreement, not only between the different out groups, but also within themselves which makes me think that they actually have none, they just want to leave the EU because they're just bloody minded cretins....
                I agree. I haven't seen/heard a convincing plan for the way ahead after an out vote. Without that in place I'm inclined to vote to stay in.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  I don't think the average voter understands enough to make an informed decision on this one. The over 65s will vote out by default, but most people are clueless about the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
                    I agree. I haven't seen/heard a convincing plan for the way ahead after an out vote. Without that in place I'm inclined to vote to stay in.
                    WTS.

We know what IN means. Nobody has a clue what OUT means so how is anyone meant to vote on it?

I know UKIP have some plans but they're not the ones in charge. Have the Tories even considered what happens?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                      I don't think the average voter understands enough to make an informed decision on this one. The over 65s will vote out by default, but most people are clueless about the EU.
                      Most people are clueless due to the lies politicians on both sides and the media tell.

For example I just heard a UKIP MEP saying that the working time directive is damaging the NHS as it limits doctors hours and patients don't like that because they want continually of care. As someone who flat shared with a junior doctor just before the working time directive came in*, I cannot believe anyone with want to be treated by a doctor who has had a couple of hours sleep in a 48 hour period and not one proper meal.

*They was a delay in enforcing it in the NHS because of issues with staffing levels. Since it has come in nearly all hospital clinical and lab staff have suffered as their shifts are more irregular.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X