• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake CV from agent caught. oops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am not going to defend agents practices. In fact I find many of them quite pathetic and crude to the point where I am happy to join in with the ridicule. But that is what they (we?) are - basic unsophisticated unintelligent (Oxford brooks level degrees at best) twunts. I would however in case any of you contractors get too carried away with hate and resentment (to be fair most contractors rise above this behaviour) it may be worth looking at some of the practices of your dear erstwhile "end clients"

Whether it a bank, retailer, utility you earn your £500 a day from just remember they are far worse, far more effective and far more successful at scamming people than any recruitment agent is. And these are the ones you are happy to take your large rate from UK supermarkets dupe shoppers out of hundreds of millions, says Which? | Business | The Guardian
    Is that your excuse to be a chunt? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Is that your excuse to be a chunt? Seriously?
      I don't seek an excuse but I quite like pointing out a bit of hypocrisy occasionally
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

shock horror...

some people feel that when it comes to making money you can chuck your morals out of the window.

not exactly news though?

Comment

The way I look at this and being realistic

Contractors - Some of them massively over exaggerate their CV and then get in front of the client with a lot of BS. They land the role and get a massive pay out when they don't really produce much at all for the money they are on. Some clients will push them off early but the majority don't, which means they have wasted money.

Agents - They use underhand tactics to get CVs in by posting fake adverts, etc. They then try and nick each others clients by underhand tactics. Another tactic is getting in touch with the hiring manager which is a no, no by most companies however some hiring managers like to talk to agencies. They are trying to sell their contractor as the best which helps us if it works but also shoots in the foot solidly if the company finds out or the hiring manager doesn't like it.

Clients - They try and bring in contractors on a budget. They will quite happily wield a pay cut axe at you or cancel a project after 5 days of you being on site. The client will try tactics like interview you for a contractor position and then turn you down but have the cheek to offer you a permie position. If they think I am good enough to join them long term then quite frankly I am good enough to join them on a contractor position.

The common ground - There are a minority out there who ruin the reputation of an industry however at the end of the day we are all trying to get paid. I guess some people just don't have any morals and willing to push the boundaries. Those who do will run the risk of ruining their professional reputation and get found out.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
            The way I look at this and being realistic

Contractors - Some of them massively over exaggerate their CV and then get in front of the client with a lot of BS. They land the role and get a massive pay out when they don't really produce much at all for the money they are on. Some clients will push them off early but the majority don't, which means they have wasted money.

Agents - They use underhand tactics to get CVs in by posting fake adverts, etc. They then try and nick each others clients by underhand tactics. Another tactic is getting in touch with the hiring manager which is a no, no by most companies however some hiring managers like to talk to agencies. They are trying to sell their contractor as the best which helps us if it works but also shoots in the foot solidly if the company finds out or the hiring manager doesn't like it.

Clients - They try and bring in contractors on a budget. They will quite happily wield a pay cut axe at you or cancel a project after 5 days of you being on site. The client will try tactics like interview you for a contractor position and then turn you down but have the cheek to offer you a permie position. If they think I am good enough to join them long term then quite frankly I am good enough to join them on a contractor position.

The common ground - There are a minority out there who ruin the reputation of an industry however at the end of the day we are all trying to get paid. I guess some people just don't have any morals and willing to push the boundaries. Those who do will run the risk of ruining their professional reputation and get found out.
            And finally...

Deluded Permies - The majority. Minority of who boast about first class travel, champagnes, BTLs and shares.

Comment

And finally...

Deluded Permies - The majority. Minority of who boast about first class travel, champagnes, BTLs and shares.
              We all hate them
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And finally...

Deluded Permies - The majority. Minority of who boast about first class travel, champagnes, BTLs and shares. They sit there saying how happy they are with their career and their salary. They are in no way envious of how you earn 3 times what they earn. The ultimate permie will have been there 5 years plus and speak of how they have a team of people who can do your job whilst promoting that the company has always done right by them
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  So that makes it alright? There are other people that are just as morally deficient, but much smarter and better at the game?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ... Diving for the bottom now ...
                  We know agents have no morals but clients can be even worse.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X