• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fake CV from agent caught. oops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Set up a fake developer profile to try and get role details from other pimps so he could then try and get a foot in with their clients, taking commission from hard working honest pimps (my heart bleeds...).
    He's hired
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      While IT agents are the lowest of the low other agents have more ethics in comparison.
      When asked, most agents though that Ethics is a county to the south of Thufolk.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've had a few gins, but I'm failing to see what benefit a fake CV brings to the agency?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I've had a few gins, but I'm failing to see what benefit a fake CV brings to the agency?
          Agents email job specs to it and them they approach the client and try place on of their contractors. Trying to find clients with open positions.

Another gin m'lady?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Agents email job specs to it and them they approach the client and try place on of their contractors. Trying to find clients with open positions.

Another gin m'lady?
            Ta. I have underestimated agents.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Ta. I have underestimated agents.
              No you haven't.

The agent put his work email on the fake CV.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sweaty agents are scurrilous twunts shock.

What post did i see earlier about "people need to drop their paranoia regarding the honest as the day is long agency staff and spend hours on the blower giving agents all their contacts etc..." I paraphrase but still...
                Last edited by OnceStonedRose; 11 February 2016, 23:01.

Comment

Its not just agents who pull off some dodgy stunts, clients can also be just as bad.

One very well known investment bank in Edinburgh brought me in for an interview and they told they agency I was great but I wouldn't be offered the job. I then got an email a day later from the hiring manager offering me a permanent role. I wasn't the only contractor that had this experience. They were arrogant enough to think that because they were a great company that I would instantly be grateful to have an offer to join.

Comment

I am not going to defend agents practices. In fact I find many of them quite pathetic and crude to the point where I am happy to join in with the ridicule. But that is what they (we?) are - basic unsophisticated unintelligent (Oxford brooks level degrees at best) twunts. I would however in case any of you contractors get too carried away with hate and resentment (to be fair most contractors rise above this behaviour) it may be worth looking at some of the practices of your dear erstwhile "end clients"

Whether it a bank, retailer, utility you earn your £500 a day from just remember they are far worse, far more effective and far more successful at scamming people than any recruitment agent is. And these are the ones you are happy to take your large rate from UK supermarkets dupe shoppers out of hundreds of millions, says Which? | Business | The Guardian
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
                      Its not just agents who pull off some dodgy stunts, clients can also be just as bad.

One very well known investment bank in Edinburgh brought me in for an interview and they told they agency I was great but I wouldn't be offered the job. I then got an email a day later from the hiring manager offering me a permanent role. I wasn't the only contractor that had this experience. They were arrogant enough to think that because they were a great company that I would instantly be grateful to have an offer to join.

You beat me to it

Comment

Working...
                      X