• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
    I'm an optimist, but yes I hold the red passport, so British. And no, unlike many of my Yankee brethren, I have no ancestral ties. I just like it here.

Glasgow? Where were you living in the US? Detroit or Flint?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      Glasgow? Where were you living in the US? Detroit or Flint?
      Glasgow is a very nice city and I live in Kelvinside, not Easterhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
        Glasgow is a very nice city and I live in Kelvinside, not Easterhouse.
        Yeah Glaswegians are friendly even if you can't understand what they are saying.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Yeah Glaswegians are friendly even if you can't understand what they are saying.
          They get annoyed if you pretend to understand and nod when you clearly do not. I once had someone with a broad Glaswegian accent ask me something on the street and I think I literally had him repeat himself a half-dozen times before I finally got it.

Comment

Merkins are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ryye-v-8j0

Comment

Your guide to Glasgow accents

It's more than just a sound ya know

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Hence watching "Taggart" with the subtitles turned on.
                Whit!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X