• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear UK government

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forsee no issues with resolving last minute accounting problems while your accountant is enjoying a nice Christmas dinner, or is visiting family over that festive period..!
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
      I forsee no issues with resolving last minute accounting problems while your accountant is enjoying a nice Christmas dinner, or is visiting family over that festive period..!
      You'll continue to have several months to complete your accounts by the end of the calendar year.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        You'll continue to have several months to complete your accounts by the end of the calendar year.
        The random date in April is fine for me.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

sort of makes sense to run Jan 1st to December. Even moving to March 31st makes a lot of sense.

I would make vat payable on any goods / services imported even below the threshold, its easy enough to automate paying it.

Paying vat & corp tax monthly for large (> £1m turnover) companies makes sense.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Paying vat & corp tax monthly for large (> £1m turnover) companies makes sense.
            It makes no sense as larger business claim lots of VAT and corp tax refunds, and find loads of allowances they can claim.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X