• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three month advanced warning.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snarf View Post

So I've got until the 30th of march. Whats the market generally like in April/may, know theres a slump round xmas.. Guess its picked back up by April/may?
    Easter Sunday is the 27th March so your contract may finish slightly earlier.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Who cares, after 16 months in the same gig your warchest will be impressive so you can afford to wait for the right gig to come along, unless you spunked it all during the good times, you didn't do that though did you?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Tax changes mean there will be no more contracting from April.

Sorry.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Contracts in my line of work come less often than pandas do.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            So good, it's worth repeating.
            2012 and 2014 versions are slightly different - there was more optimism in 2012.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think it's the quality of advice in threads like this that ultimately convinced me to register for an account here.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                I think it's the quality of advice in threads like this that ultimately convinced me to register for an account here.
                Pick one advice you like :
                "you are doomed, you will never get another contract as market never been so slow"

"I guess its time to go back permie for you"

"market is great, i found my gig in 3 hours"

How does any of this answers help exactly?

He will face his own market soon anyway

Comment

Fair play decent client that gives you that much notice.

I was at one place for 2 years and they decided to tell me there was no renewal the day before it ended. Which I thought was a bit harsh - they could have made an effort to let me know earlier.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    Pick one advice you like :
                    "you are doomed, you will never get another contract as market never been so slow"

"I guess its time to go back permie for you"

"market is great, i found my gig in 3 hours"

How does any of this answers help exactly?

He will face his own market soon anyway
                    And they say Americans don't get ironing...
                    Last edited by seanraaron; 21 January 2016, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                      Fair play decent client that gives you that much notice.

I was at one place for 2 years and they decided to tell me there was no renewal the day before it ended. Which I thought was a bit harsh - they could have made an effort to let me know earlier.
                      It's not harsh at all. You knew exactly what date the gig was going to end the as soon as you signed the contract. Anything else is a bonus. If Bolshie was around he'd point out this is what happens when you've been at a client for a long period. You start expecting renewals (which could be a MoO issue no?) and blaming the client when you don't get one.

Start making noises a week or two before the end about handover, cancel meetings past your leaving date and start handing over. The client will either let you carry on or stop you. There is your answer.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X