• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hope you're paying yourself at least £10/hour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I propose that hiring an employee gives him automatic share in the company he works in. 50% of dividends goes to owner and rest is divided by employees. Why stop at 10ph, when we can do so much more in terms of wealth distribution?
    Last edited by diseasex; 18 January 2016, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That page blocked most of its content, complaining that I seemed to be using an ad blocker, which I am: the most excellent Ghostery.

So I turned off JavaScript, reloaded the page, and I could read it all.

Which led me to the conclusion that the journalistic skills on display were roughly on a par with their technical mastery
      I just looked at the page source - it has comments around the article
      <!-- Article Start -->
      <!-- Article End -->

Still not worth the effort though.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        I propose that hiring an employee gives him automatic share in the company he works in. 50% of dividends goes to owner and rest is divided by employees. Why stop at 10ph, when we can do so much more in terms of wealth distribution?
        So why bother taking the risk of setting up a company when you are forced to give so much of it away? I would imagine that entrpreneurs will think "sod it" I will go and work for someone else in order that I can earn dividends. Only there wont be any other businesses to work for.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          So why bother taking the risk of setting up a company when you are forced to give so much of it away? I would imagine that entrpreneurs will think "sod it" I will go and work for someone else in order that I can earn dividends. Only there wont be any other businesses to work for.
          I was being sarcastic. Torrys proposals are so freaking stupid that why stop there?

Comment

I was being sarcastic. Torrys proposals are so freaking stupid that why stop there?

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              So we should just keep borrowing?
              No.

The Govt should stop spending more than it can afford - 100% of reduction in deficit should come from cuts in Govt spending.

I'd only accept increase in tax if and only if that money went solely for temporary (and I mean real temporary) increase in support to those fired from their public jobs, strictly for that but NOT to fund Govts spending which is bribes to get votes.

Ask yourself simple question - when was the last time you've read in papers that tens of thousands of public servants were laid off? I can't think of such articles recently, maybe 5 years ago a bit, so I don't think any real cuts are actually taking place - Osborne conveniently (for him) decided to increase taxes instead. Well, might as well vote Labour now - at least they'll tax Osborne's mates too.

Comment

In this case employees will be working solely for a loss making subsidiaries of offshore companies

Comment

What a totally unbiased article.

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    No.

The Govt should stop spending more than it can afford - 100% of reduction in deficit should come from cuts in Govt spending.
                    No pensions for pensioners then.

BTW the state retirement age is going to go up a year soon so if you aren't 55+ add a year to your perceived retirement age.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      No pensions for pensioners then.
                      No pensions triple lock guarantee to buy their votes for sure.

Budget should have been cut X% across the board (phased over 5 years to make it a bit easier) to meet spending with actual, already way too high tax income.

Pensions is a big separate question - it's a ponzi scheme and everybody knows it.

QE should have been used to fund HS2 and some other infrastructure projects - Bank of England to hold shares for those projects, possibly sold in the future - Corbyn wants that (not sure about shares bit).

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      BTW the state retirement age is going to go up a year soon so if you aren't 55+ add a year to your perceived retirement age.
                      I plan to retire on a beach with martini served to me by hand picked scantily clad models before I hit 45
                      Last edited by AtW; 18 January 2016, 18:52.

Comment

Working...
                      X