• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First property on LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Do you need one with a parking space for your company M5?
    That's okay. He'll squeeze it in somewhere....

Comment

I was reading in the Times that you need to put 15 properties in a company to make it worthwhile.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I was reading in the Times that you need to put 15 properties in a company to make it worthwhile.
        got source?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The OP only has another 14 to get, then.

Fill yer boots
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            The OP only has another 14 to get, then.

Fill yer boots
            After that gig in london ill be buying new HMO every 2-3 months. However if i was to pay 40% tax and draw dividends to buy personally that would slow things down significantly. That's why i'm 'considering' doing it via LTD
            HTH

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              After that gig in london ill be buying new HMO every 2-3 months.
              Very, very, ambitious....

Still, houses can only go up rather than down, invest heavily in the Gidiot Ponzi scheme.

You will, forever, be a winner
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Very, very, ambitious....

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="red"]Still, houses can only go up rather than down
                I won't be interested in value change as it will be hmo rented out... You not necessarily need to buy them in london, there are way cheaper areas

Comment

I won't be interested in value change as it will be hmo rented out... You not necessarily need to buy them in london, there are way cheaper areas
                  You should PM MarillionFan, on here, he is the resident BTL property magnate
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You should PM MarillionFan, on here, he is the resident BTL property magnate

Yup, he's a millionaire (if you multiply his debt by -1)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If i bought property on my limited and it would be LTD's first property I wouldn't pay 2% additional tax after april? Anyone understands this?
                      Also, wouldn't you have to pay capital gains on any profit if/when you sold the place? This isn't currently true of a privately-owned primary residence.

Again, I'm not sure, but that's a possibilite gotcha to bear in mind.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X