• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL: it's NOT the Boomers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Moi???
    Are you French?

Actually all squirrel-botherers can stay....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Are you French?

Actually all squirrel-botherers can stay....
      Does AtW do 'French'? I suppose it pays more than SEO nowadays. NLYUK has a new GT after all.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I doubt it.

Crash in high end of London's market will drag other segments lower too, and it would have ripple effect outside of London.

I'll probably take that Russian Consulate building in Kensington & Chelsea when it is on a market for a fiver.
        Don't they will put radioactive stuff in your drinks and the British government won't investigate your death until we've complaint, then the engineers and those in defence will disappear only to be found after "committing suicide"...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Don't they will put radioactive stuff in your drinks and the British government won't investigate your death until we've complaint, then the engineers and those in defence will disappear only to be found after "committing suicide"...
          I know.

That's why I've left a note listing my friends on cUK...

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Most BTL wealth is not in the hands of the Boomers, it's owned by Gen X. Next comes the "Late Boomers", born 1959-64. They are not really the Baby Boomer Generation, they got reclassified into it by the statistical fact that the boom in babies continued until 1964. But as a Generation, they are not Boomers.

Just saying: if you lambast "Boomers" for the evils of BTL, you don't know what you're talking about.
            Source?
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

FTFY

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              B*llocks, misleading, graph?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10094548.html

"Baby-boomers who have benefited from rising house prices are fuelling the housing crisis by buying up properties to rent out to young people who cannot afford to purchase, a new report warns today.

Britain’s stark housing divide is no longer based on class and income but is largely between the generations, according to the Chartered Institute of Housing."

Comment

"Baby-boomers who have benefited from rising house prices are fuelling the housing crisis by buying up properties to rent out to young people who cannot afford to purchase, a new report warns today.

Britain’s stark housing divide is no longer based on class and income but is largely between the generations, according to the Chartered Institute of Housing."

Graph?
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

BTL: it's NOT the Boomers

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Graph?
                    DYOR

Comment

DYOR
                      BYOH.