• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobosapien
    replied
    I had a friend (lost touch a few years ago) who one day lost the plot on the way into work. Stopped his car on a roundabout and started pulling other motorists out of their cars.

Apparently all in the name of god, looking for 'wrong uns'. Those he said "you're alright" to have probably gone on to become self made visionaries wearing turquoise trackies.

Before that day he was 'one of the lads', very outgoing. Since then he's been on meds and not a shadow of his former self. Never got a proper answer to what made it happen, which is perhaps as scary as what could have happened.

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Makes sense , believing in this bulltulip had to start with brain damage. Then oppressive religion fanatics did the rest.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That explains a lot, seeing God is caused by brain damage

Seeing 'God' may be caused by brain damage | Daily Mail Online

Researchers at Hadassah Hebrew University have reported a rare case study of a patient being treated for of epilepsy when he had a religious experience in which he reportedly saw and conversed with God.

In the run up to the tests the patient, a 46-year-old Jewish man who had reportedly never been especially religious, had stopped taking anticonvulsant medication for seizures.

Just before the incident, the doctors measured a spike in EEG activity in the patient's left prefrontal cortex - an area previously linked to religious and mystical experiences.

The Israeli team believe the man suffered the visions as a result of a psychotic episode following a seizure.

Intense religious experiences are well documented throughout history, with recorded instances of smells - such as roses - and other sensory events accompanying their visions.

Such visions and smells have been also been reported by patients with types of epilepsy as 'auras' which may precede their epileptic seizures.
    who knew?

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    Dozy bint.

What would she know about anything?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Brexit will mean the little woman will need to get back in the Kitchen

Brexit would boost SEXISM claims Harriet Harman | Daily Mail Online

Now Brexit would boost SEXISM! Harriet Harman says leaving EU would be 'major step back' for gender rights and accuses out camp of wanting women 'back in the home'
    Former deputy Labour leader says Brussels has been a 'strong friend' to women over many years
    Credits EU with helping secure reforms on maternity rights and equal pay
    Ms Harman delivering a speech on referendum battle later today
    But Vote Leave supporter Suzanne Evans branded the MP's warning 'utterly laughable'
    Come on Girlies Vote for remains you know it makes sense!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    SM you been going Al Fresco again?

Naked couple filmed having sex in broad daylight in Doncaster | Daily Mail Online

Couple caught on camera having SEX in broad daylight while smoking cigarettes behind a cash and carry depot in Doncaster
    Shocked member of the public videoed couple's lewd act yesterday
    They were seen naked not far from a school and near passing trains
    Figures show police in the town have had 48 complaints about indecency

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Can Admin please check this sockie account please?
    Oh no, not again!

It sounds so bad.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Yes, I did an application connected to CUK to translate my mother tongue automatically to English with voice.
    It's in test phase.

Can Admin please check this sockie account please?

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    WTF does that even mean ? Do you have an IOS random word generator app running on your phone ??
    Yes, I did an application connected to CUK to translate my mother tongue automatically to English with voice.
    It's in test phase.

Leave a comment:

• Intel
    replied
    I love Wipro. Fixing their tulip makes me a fortune....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X