• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Section 172

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    I'll shortly be using Police time in querying this automatically sent speeding invoice fine. Since neither of us can say with certainty who was driving, nor reasonably obtain proof to allow us to do so (write to every business and household on the route if they can look at their CCTV at the approximate time in question?)

Police time that like you say, could be better used tracking down some ex-TV star that at some time in the 1970's may have cupped some womans breast..
    One of you have broke the law and been caught. You expect sympathy and think that police have better things to do? If the guy who mowed my cousin's friend down had been within the speed limit on the road he was on, then my cousin's friend would still be alive.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
      I'll shortly be using Police time in querying this automatically sent speeding invoice fine. Since neither of us can say with certainty who was driving, nor reasonably obtain proof to allow us to do so (write to every business and household on the route if they can look at their CCTV at the approximate time in question?)

Police time that like you say, could be better used tracking down some ex-TV star that at some time in the 1970's may have cupped some womans breast..
      Just a thought, but Chris Huhne and his wife went to prison for lying about this, and if you accept responsibility yourself when you genuinely don't know are you not also lying?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Just a thought, but Chris Huhne and his wife went to prison for lying about this, and if you accept responsibility yourself when you genuinely don't know are you not also lying?
        Most speed cameras flash. Surely one of them would have had that "oh tulip" moment?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Have you asked on
          www.pepipoo.com/

It's for people who consider themselves above the law and want to find ways to break it (or get off having broken it) without having to face the consequences.

Make sure you include phrases like "I want justice" (when you mean you don’t want to accept justice)
          and "it’s just a money making scheme for the police" (even though it all goes to George)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It does seem a little ridiculous they take a picture to 'prove' the offence and it doesn't identify the offender. If you used a similar level of proof in any other case you would be laughed out of court.

The idea you can remember who is driving a shared family or similar car just by date & time is a little pathetic. Driving the kids around is a full time job.

I believe in speed limit enforcement for safety reasons but it should be done with fairness and sense. Currently there is an abuse of rules to milk motorists. This doesn't help convince people speeding fines are a good thing.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              It does seem a little ridiculous they take a picture to 'prove' the offence and it doesn't identify the offender. If you used a similar level of proof in any other case you would be laughed out of court.

The idea you can remember who is driving a shared family or similar car just by date & time is a little pathetic. Driving the kids around is a full time job.

I believe in speed limit enforcement for safety reasons but it should be done with fairness and sense. Currently there is an abuse of rules to milk motorists. This doesn't help convince people speeding fines are a good thing.
              The offender was in the vehicle. HTHBIDI

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                The offender was in the vehicle. HTHBIDI
                the vehicle can accommodate more than one offender therefore proving guilt of a single person is impossible without a shot of the drivers seat.

for the hard of thinking:

I suppose if someone gets murdered we could round up the whole street and imprison them as the murderer was in the street.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That is why they rely on people "confessing" rather than catching them, 99.9% of the time it works, which more than make up for the the others than don't confess and they have to investigate a little more
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I suppose if someone gets murdered we could round up the whole street and imprison them as the murderer was in the street.
                    No need

Everyone knows it is the one in the street with the black stranglers gloves.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

the vehicle can accommodate more than one offender therefore proving guilt of a single person is impossible without a shot of the drivers seat.

for the hard of thinking:

The registered keeper of the vehicle authorizes who drives the car. Or are you not familiar with how that side of things work?

Comment

Working...
                      X