• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luggage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As with all things in life you get what you pay for.

Few years ago I got me a Ortlieb Big-Zip - Reisetasche, it has wheels too and is air/water tight. Never let me down yet.

https://www.globetrotter.de/shop/ort...?sku=133185004
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      As with all things in life you get what you pay for.
      I find that statement is often inaccurate.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Perhaps avoid 'made in China' labels... in fact 'Made in America' and quality never mix.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Especially if you're a thief.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

If you're travelling somewhere tropical, or slumming it, it's best to have a hard suitcase to minimize the chance of bedbugs creeping into it.

I know someone (not me - haven't been abroad for years) who brought bedbugs back home in their suitcase, and they're sods to eradicate!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              If you're travelling somewhere tropical, or slumming it, it's best to have a hard suitcase to minimize the chance of bedbugs creeping into it.

I know someone (not me - haven't been abroad for years) who brought bedbugs back home in their suitcase, and they're sods to eradicate!
              I'm struggling to get this past my sniff test. Are you saying bed bugs are allergic to hard cover suitcases?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Although they look good quality, the wheels look way too small and close together.

I'd sooner pull a suitcase resting on something like a sturdy folding golf cart, with large and widely-spaced wheels.

That way won't wobble and fall over each time I change course by a couple of degrees or pull it over a heavily laben ant!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  I'm struggling to get this past my sniff test. Are you saying bed bugs are allergic to hard cover suitcases?
                  I'm saying there are fewer seams and corner reinforcing patches and tears for them to creep into and hide, or lay eggs in.

But of course if you leave your clothes in a heap in the hotel floor near the bed, I suppose it makes little difference what type of suitcase yiou use!

Comment

Hope you are going to expense them
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X