• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: General seeks UK Iraq withdrawal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW

I am certain ex-force members earn far more money in Iraq while working for private companies who in turn charge Govt, than actual regular forces.
    ex-forces men / women working for security companys can earn between £350 and £600 per day depending on experiance........

I'm not sure I'd want to go for £600 pd !
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      ex-forces men / women working for security companys can earn between £350 and £600 per day depending on experiance........
      I am pretty sure soldiers do more dangerous job and get paid a lot less, looks like something like £2k per month for risking their life. IMO - this kind of crap MAY be okay if it is total war like WW2 and everything is at stake, but with small army in dodgy war you can at least make sure they get paid well and certainly get 200% treatment in case of wounds or just when they get back.

Comment

Basic pay for a squaddie is £37.99/day before tax.

Freelancers reportedly earn between £250 and £500/day depending on experience.

Comment

The clear Evil of this situation can be determined by the fact that Blair and Bush will not send their familys to fight in these War Zones,its your families blood they want sacrificed to meet their vainglorious dubious objectives.

Sorry I meant to say I want to be first to sacrifice myself in the fight for freedom and democracy ....anybody else ?

Comment

War is politics by other means.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

continuation of policy

Comment

mercenaries

merceneries (rather, "military contractors") aree paid 500-1000$/day in irak
                thats a good rate.

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz
                  thats a good rate.
                  Only if you don't get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    Basic pay for a squaddie is £37.99/day before tax.

Freelancers reportedly earn between £250 and £500/day depending on experience.
                    When you consider that a sqaddie on the front line can be in action literally 24 hours a day, they don't even earn the minimum wage.
                    Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

I'd go there for a free M16, PSG1 and loads of ammo. Only payment I would want is a 5 bedroom house and aston martin when I get home. Not afraid of death. I died when I was born.

Comment

Working...
                      X