• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

buy-to-leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    It's a popular view in China, i'm led to believe. A house which is 'brand new' is more desirable than a second hand one. It would be like buying a car as an investment and then using it as a runaround.

Dumb fvcks haven't realised you can let it out AND have it appreciate in value in the UK property market.
    They have the same in Austria, older properties depreciate because they are old. (I know having bought there). The problem in the UK is that money that could be used for renovation goes on the very high empty property council tax, typically taxed at 110%
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      older properties depreciate because they are old.
      We get round that here by building progressively smaller houses of lower quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        They have the same in Austria, older properties depreciate because they are old. (I know having bought there).
        Conversely, the actual condition of the property here does not matter a jot.

Especially if you can knock it down and build a block of flats in its place
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          It's a popular view in China, i'm led to believe. A house which is 'brand new' is more desirable than a second hand one. It would be like buying a car as an investment and then using it as a runaround.

Dumb fvcks haven't realised you can let it out AND have it appreciate in value in the UK property market.
          It's actually right.

I use to work with someone of a Chinese background not born in the UK. (Think she was educated in Singapore but her parents were from mainland China.) She was shocked when I explained to her a flat in a new block of flats were worth less than a flat in an older block in the same location.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Why is it optional for big firms with 15+ houses? Same reason - BTL needs to be stopped to herd middle class money into pension Ponzi scheme - removal of tax reliefs coming there, so all viable alternatives should be made nonviable.
            I get round this problem by not being middle class.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How will Osborne get 3% BTL (second home) stamp duty from foreign investors??? I guess it will be optional for them...

So now somebody will need to sell their house first, live in a hotel or rented place before buying new house to avoid paying 3% ffs
              It's called a chain.

Everyone exchanges on the same day.

And yes loads of things go wrong.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Why is it optional for big firms with 15+ houses? Same reason - BTL needs to be stopped to herd middle class money into pension Ponzi scheme - removal of tax reliefs coming there, so all viable alternatives should be made nonviable.
                I see, it's wild speculation?

And the stamp duty surcharge is not OPTIONAL to big firms. It doesn't apply.

Charging extra to foreign investors is actually one easy way to make a bit of extra money.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  And the stamp duty surcharge is not OPTIONAL to big firms. It doesn't apply.
                  That's one way to look at it. Same can be said about corp tax - it not optional to big firms, it simply doesn't apply...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I get round this problem by not being middle class.
                    How your butler feels about it?

Comment

That's one way to look at it. Same can be said about corp tax - it not optional to big firms, it simply doesn't apply...
                      No, that's totally different. Companies are not avoiding or evading stamp duty. It doesn't apply to them, they are never given the chance to get out of paying it,
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X