• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offer Accepted, Property still on Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Phone them up or get a mate to do so and ask them for a viewing. If they say yes, time to kick off. If they say sorry it's not available then you know they're just slow to update the site.
    Get the mate to say he's a cash buyer, quite happy to pay well over asking price, something in it for the agent too...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Get the mate to say he's a cash buyer, quite happy to pay well over asking price, something in it for the agent too...
      Lets be fair to the agent here(only estate agent - recruitment agents still get a good shoeing).

The estate agent has to put any offers they receive to the vendor. That is a legal requirement.

Comment

Estate agents work a bit differently to Recruitment agents. Once an offer is made and accepted, they just move on to other properties. There is nothing in it for them to try and get a few grand more from some other chap. Their commission is miniscule compared to the transactions times and the business depends on quantity.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

It is not yours until you exchange. They don't want to turn away potential punters.

Comment

Originally posted by mdhd View Post
            It is not yours until you exchange. They don't want to turn away potential punters.
            Standard practice is you demand they take it off the market or at least list it as "under offer". They can always put it back on if the sale falls through, but they shouldn't be talking to other people once an offer is accepted.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Estate agents work a bit differently to Recruitment agents. Once an offer is made and accepted, they just move on to other properties. There is nothing in it for them to try and get a few grand more from some other chap. Their commission is miniscule compared to the transactions times and the business depends on quantity.
              Originally posted by mdhd View Post
              The estate agent has to put any offers they receive to the vendor. That is a legal requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                True, but they are supposed to change its status to "sold subject to contract"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  True, but they are supposed to change its status to "sold subject to contract"

At this stage it should be "Offer accepted". The buyer hasn't got his finances together and the solicitors haven't started talking.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    At this stage it should be "Offer accepted". The buyer hasn't got his finances together and the solicitors haven't started talking.
                    I didn't read the first post correctly.

Yes, what is he whinging about, he's nowhere in the process yet. A total non event "making an offer".

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                      EA told me property was coming off the market when offer was accepted on Friday. Property still showing For Sale on RightMove & EA's website.

I smell a rat...

Would you proceed with the mortgage application & survey under these conditions? I can see myself getting gazzumped & a few grand going down the drain.
                      This is standard estate agent procedure I'm afraid. Ultimately an agent works for the vendor and not the buyer. Their job is to secure the highest offer they possibly can. Once the survey is booked in, you can usually negotiate that the property is taken off the market. The reason being is that you have been seen to have put your hand in your pocket and demonstrated you are a serious buyer.

Comment

Working...
                      X