• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Net Migration Hits New Record High of 336,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are just the net figures.

We have to consider the churn and, according to an old boy who props up the bar at my local, that'll be rocket scientists out, illiterate goat herders in

I hasten to add that's not the Scroatman take on things....

Great news for soaring house prices.

Comment

And people wonder why there is pressure on the NHS, schools, roads, social services etc. That will be over 3.3 million in just ten years!

An added pressure is on pay levels, basic supply and demand, lots of low skilled workers reduces demand and pay for low skilled UK workers.
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Why didn't we vote UKIP?

Oh yes. 12% did. But get just 1 seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          And people wonder why there is pressure on the NHS, schools, roads, social services etc. That will be over 3.3 million in just ten years!

An added pressure is on pay levels, basic supply and demand, lots of low skilled workers reduces demand and pay for low skilled UK workers.
          The Office of National Statistics said the UK will face an influx of at least 10 MILLION people by 2039, with around two-thirds of that figure coming from migration

Comment

Too many people arriving to the UK, not enough people leaving the UK.

I can see a solution to this from a personal perspective...

Comment

Good job so many immigrants are doctors and brickies, to cope with the increased pressures on NHS and housing
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Good job so many immigrants are doctors and brickies, to cope with the increased pressures on NHS and housing
                And when they themselves need medical care or housing? Oh I see, we can double the immigration rate every year...simples!

Comment

We're told all the time about the economic benefits of mass immigration etc.

Well, how about a situation in which there's no MASS immigration & we were all a little worse off materialistically?

Overcrowding, concreting over of the countryside, gridlocks on our roads, divisions in our society - all would be lessened.

Personally, I'd like to stick 2 fingers up to the global economy - it's based on greed, concentrates wealth and power into the hands of the few, turns the rest of us into serfs and trashes many of the things that some of us value.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
                    The Office of National Statistics said the UK will face an influx of at least 10 MILLION people by 2039, with around two-thirds of that figure coming from migration
                    Surely an influx would consist of three thirds coming from migration?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X