• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swiss rates?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends where in Switzerland.

Here's a report from CS on taxes in various Cantons:

https://www.credit-suisse.com/ch/en/...he-taxman.html

And a cost of living comparison:
    Cost Of Living Comparison Between United Kingdom And Switzerland
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Let me rephrase the question.

If you were on a rate of £100hr working in Switzerland for a client, I understand it is more expensive. So is there a rule of thumb like '£100/hr in Switz is like £60hr in the UK with the extra costs and taxes...'

Thank you ;-)
      It's acording to swiss market rate.
      If it's in Zurich, be prepared to have difcult to find an apartment less tham 3000CHF / month. The cheapest ones are already booked.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Let me rephrase the question.

If you were on a rate of £100hr working in Switzerland for a client, I understand it is more expensive. So is there a rule of thumb like '£100/hr in Switz is like £60hr in the UK with the extra costs and taxes...'

Thank you ;-)
        CHF 1200 a day. Bottom end of what I'd accept, but certainly not bad. You'll be able to live well.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          CHF 1200 a day. Bottom end of what I'd accept, but certainly not bad. You'll be able to live well.
          LOOOL

I didn't convert, I assumed 100CHF.

I's a good rate, the medium rate ist'a about 700CH - 900CH a day.

Comment

Swiss work approx 8 and a half hours per day.
            Don't find many hourly contract, usually day rate.

As others have said, difficult part is finding somewhere cheap to live.

Usually spend the first few months spending more than you get. A float of around 5K min required.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Butlers are more expensive in cuckoo clock land so you need to factor that in.

MF works for less as there is easy chocolate availability.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                Swiss work approx 8 and a half hours per day.
                Don't find many hourly contract, usually day rate.

As others have said, difficult part is finding somewhere cheap to live.

Usually spend the first few months spending more than you get. A float of around 5K min required.
                8 hours/day is the normal expectation over here, my employer nominally enforces two 12min coffee stops a day, so 8:24 booked, 8 hours pay

Finding somewhere to live is not difficult, try here: homegate.ch | Immobilien Markt Schweiz , finding somewhere cheap wont happen

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie252 View Post
                  8 hours/day is the normal expectation over here, my employer nominally enforces two 12min coffee stops a day, so 8:24 booked, 8 hours pay

Finding somewhere to live is not difficult, try here: homegate.ch | Immobilien Markt Schweiz , finding somewhere cheap wont happen
                  I have done about 8 different contract and always done 8.24 hours work and pay.

So you are been done.

HTH
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    I have done about 8 different contract and always done 8.24 hours work and pay.

So you are been done.

HTH
                    You assume I actually work all those hours

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie252 View Post
                      You assume I actually work all those hours
                      How many internals do you have to carry on the project?
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X