• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Problems at Client Site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am with the residents on the housing estate. Why should they suffer?

I hope they lie in wait for you to return to their car. Rip your head off and poo down your throat.

The only solution is to get Churchill in there on a gig.....
    Nah they should just do what I did.

Lobby your local council with your neighbours to ensure there is a residents parking zone in place Monday to Friday for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Councils seem to like doing 10-11 and 3-4.

That way if you are at the business park early or if you are late you can't park.

Anyway if the business doesn't have enough parking spaces they either need to:
    1. Move offices so they are next to or within walking distance of a train station
    2. Move offices to where they have loads of parking
    3. Do both 1 and 2
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Anyway if the business doesn't have enough parking spaces they either need to:
      1. Move offices so they are next to or within walking distance of a train station
      2. Move offices to where they have loads of parking
      3. Do both 1 and 2
      4. Outsource the business to India and buy yourself a popcorn vending machine.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
        Why is your chauffer parking and leaving the car unattended?
        Just slip Wendy at number 32 one and park in her garage, works for me.
        Last edited by vetran; 24 November 2015, 23:47.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
          I've mentioned this before but there's been a development.

The client has around 80 spaces for around 400 cars. The whole business park is littered with parked cars on verges, double yellows, it's pretty chaotic. As a rule I arrive early enough to grab one of the 80 spaces but not on Mondays when I wind up on a pleasant housing estate on the other side of the dual carriageway. I take care not to park directly outside anyone's house as I know how irritating that can be.

Lately the residents on the housing estate seem to have introduced some sort of informal neighbourhood watch "parking deterrent" scheme. It appears to be a four strike rule.

1. They put a note on your windscreen
          2. They mess with your car.
          3. They write something rude on your windscreen.
          4. They deflate your tyres.

I never got a note, going directly to step 2 (wing mirrors pulled back) and step 3 (C***). Perhaps he or she is worried about leaving their DNA on my vehicle with the note.

The client has issued an email encouraging us to double park (Pointless. We already triple park where possible).

Anyway. My car is a 10 year old dirt-covered tool with 170K miles on the clock, covered in scratches and scrapes. But that's not the point here. I haven't sat through 90 episodes of "Dexter" and learned nothing. When my contract ends I want to nip over and lie in wait for this git.
          That's what happens when you work in a town run by an eco-loon in red cords

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            I'd never work at such a client site. My Range Rover is more precious to me than the lass I am bonking, usually
            That's because your Range Rover actually exists.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I appreciate where the residents are coming from but they should lobby the council to get a permit-parking zone created, not resort to criminal damage. Similarly the businesses should lobby the council to get more spaces sorted.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Worked at site similar once. Small car park so no chance after 7am or so.

It was on an estate but client tried to say, we don't allow people to park on the roads nearby because it doesnt look nice (even though there were no parking restrictions). And also we dont think its safe so we've got a duty of care to look after our people.

Please park on our other site and catch the shuttle bus (10-15 mins away).

Yeh right. Nothing to do with how I get to your site. Do one. Permies used to listen though.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X