• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much are HMRC enjoying the PSC crackdown panic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I bet they are loving it! They must wonder why they need parliament when all they need as a newspaper article.

And the best bit is that CUK posts can be used in evidence. As NTRT found to their cost when HMRC barristers turned up with print outs of forum posts.....
    NTRT?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      We'll be inundated with "I can't afford my VAT and mortgage, which one should I pay?" threads more likely.
      What's VAT?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkT View Post
        What's VAT?
        It's what they keep my whiskey in dude.
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
          It's what they keep my whiskey in dude.
          Okay I have finally twigged it, you are Old Hack's sockie aren't you ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Who or what is an Old Hack?

I'm me. Just me.
            I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              We'll be inundated with "I can't afford my VAT and mortgage, which one should I pay?" threads more likely.
              Or "I used the VAT for a deposit on a new beemer and now I can't afford the mortgage because my JSA didn't come through"

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                Who or what is an Old Hack?

I'm me. Just me.
                Have you ever visited Bridgwater?

Comment

Have you ever visited Bridgwater?
                  Nope. I try never to go south of Watford.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

I bet they are loving it! They must wonder why they need parliament when all they need as a newspaper article.

And the best bit is that CUK posts can be used in evidence. As NTRT found to their cost when HMRC barristers turned up with print outs of forum posts.....

CUK posts as evidence for HMRC....
                    They don't seem to get how it all works.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      as Ive said many times, if you're contracting at the same client for 12 to 18 months you're part and parcel of the organisation so should be on the payroll.
                      My last gig was 15 months.... the final month was an extension... when should they have put me on the payroll? 12 months into the gig they were laying off permies under voluntary redundancy, would not have been possible to put anyone on payroll with same job title after that point in time.
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X