• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much are HMRC enjoying the PSC crackdown panic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No, it suggests that LD is happy in his own skin. I'm in the same place as him.

If you live the high life, be prepared for being dropped in it if the work disappears.
    It's nothing to do with the high life. There will be plenty who are living within their means who are suddenly facing potentially a good double percentage figure drop in income. Half the country would be sweating if permie were facing that.

We don't even know how much it will actually cost yet so even the people who gave some wiggle room will be a bit nervous.

If he's happy in his own skin then he ought to be happy with that but that's not comment he made.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 23 November 2015, 22:53.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      And that suggests you are an idiot.
      eh ?

are you suggesting that anyone who does not take advantage of a credit stream is an idiot ?

please clarify mate
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        eh ?

are you suggesting that anyone who does not take advantage of a credit stream is an idiot ?

please clarify mate
        I'm suggesting anyone that sits there smuggly saying they don't understand why we are all getting worried about some potentially sweeping changes because he's alright Jack is an idiot.

For the record I'm also comfortable but I like contracting and am nervous how it affects the way I work.

Comment

I'm suggesting anyone that sits there smuggly saying they don't understand why we are all getting worried about some potentially sweeping changes because he's alright Jack is an idiot.

For the record I'm also comfortable but I like contracting and am nervous how it affects the way I work.
          that poster was talking about credit, and living within their means being a good thing. nothing smuggy that I saw.

I think having no credit and living within my means is good. for me.
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

that poster was talking about credit, and living within their means being a good thing. nothing smuggy that I saw.

I think having no credit and living within my means is good. for me.
            Go back to his first post about not understanding why us lot are worried just because he's OK.

I'd like to see him post the same on a junior doctors forum saying he doesn't understand why they are striking cause he's alright and see the response that would bring.

Very poor comment the day before sweeping changes that will affect a lot of people someway or other.

But the argument has become completely derailed so am out.

Comment

Go back to his first post about not understanding why us lot are worried just because he's OK.

I'd like to see him post the same on a junior doctors forum saying he doesn't understand why they are striking cause he's alright and see the response that would bring.

Very poor comment the day before sweeping changes that will affect a lot of people someway or other.
              Do not make the mistake of assuming that everyone affected is in the same boat as you. Do not make the mistake of assuming that everyone will lose and there will be no winners.
              In fact don't assume anything, until we see the detail and the fallout.

And never , ever , attack anyone for ignoring the credit fashion, and living within their means.
              because they are right. and You are wrong
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Do not make the mistake of assuming that everyone affected is in the same boat as you. Do not make the mistake of assuming that everyone will lose and there will be no winners.
                In fact don't assume anything, until we see the detail and the fallout.

And never , ever , attack anyone for ignoring the credit fashion, and living within their means.
                because they are right. and You are wrong
                So I'm wrong for making those assumptions and he's right for sounding like a smug bastard. Riiiiiiight..

And I never once mentioned the credit comment. You are just making crap up now.

Anyway.. As I said. It's all been blown out of proportion so no point me continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                  Well that suggests living beyond their means really, in which case I have little sympathy. To do that on 4 or 500 quid a day takes some doing unless you're pretty reckless IMHO.

Perhaps my outlook stems from never using credit? I'm kinda unique like that.

I do not think that is idiotic.

I like that
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

So I'm wrong for making those assumptions and he's right for sounding like a smug bastard. Riiiiiiight..

And I never once mentioned the credit comment. You are just making crap up now.

Anyway.. As I said. It's all been blown out of proportion so no point me continuing.
                    You calling me smug? With your track record of newbie-bashing and general high-horsing? Pretty damn rich.

Yes, I may be "alright jack" but that's not because I live some dull, frugal lifestyle; it's because I'm a businessman first and a contractor about eighth. One of the first lessons to learn in business is that there's always a storm coming. Go through enough storms and you don't just learn to survive them you even get to enjoy them.

You're very fond of lambasting folk and telling them why they're NCOTBAC; perhaps the shoe is on the other foot now? Concerned it's all going wrong for you? Well I'll say it again, until Wednesday you and everyone here knows exactly squat. Nothing. Diddly.

You want to panic, that's your prerogative but don't you dare attack me because I'm not concerned. You wanted to run a business; this week will separate the men from the boys, or it'll be a storm in a teacup. Where you all smell the phear I smell profit. That's the difference.

Smug, maybe. An idiot? A very very long way from it.

On a personal note: I get hired because I have a broad and deep knowledge of many aspects of both IT and business. I'm welcomed and understood in the board room and the server room and can talk and walk with kings and dustmen. You, I imagine, would bin the CV of anyone you thought might be more useful than you. I may be wrong, the written word can confuse things in translation, but for all the world you remind me of the good old Working Men's Club Chairman. So I'm sorry you think I'm smug but as the most infamous know-it-all on the board shouldn't you be a bit smug too?
                    Last edited by LucidDementia; 24 November 2015, 07:00. Reason: Post began on the bog at 2.30 am...I felt the need to add to it
                    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

How much are HMRC enjoying the PSC crackdown panic?

Cojak, what action did you take?

On a separate note sure why people are criticized for investing in properties or having BTL? As business men/women it makes sense to invest the income, in the last decade at least a BTL did look the best investment with least hassle and disturbance to a contractor lifestyle, the government changing the laws did not negate that their decision at the time was sound, business entails taking some risks, the key is taking the risk at the right time, and one needs a bit of luck too.

Comment

Working...
                      X