• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
    i can imagine 8/10 of us here are one man band contractors so we have indeed dodged a freaking nuclear warhead, nevermind a bullet because had that 1 month max nonsense got approved most of us would be going perm.
    Nuclear warhead ALWAYS lands in the bulls eye of nuclear explosion epicenter...

Comment

i can imagine 8/10 of us here are one man band contractors so we have indeed dodged a freaking nuclear warhead, nevermind a bullet because had that 1 month max nonsense got approved most of us would be going perm.
      I give up. Rumour and conjecture are not bullets or nuclear warheads. They're unsubstantiated bumpf. If these things terrify you so much perhaps you should return to being a permie where you appear to belong.
      People going self-employed then getting upset because they don't feel "safe". What's next?
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
        There was never a bullet.

Get on with your life.
        The trouble when something doesn't happen, is being able to prove that it was likely in the first place.

Of course, when the IR35 consultation comes to pass, there's nothing to prevent the introduction of some idea to move people onto the payroll of the agency or client under certain conditions. The trick from here is to work on what those conditions are.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          The trouble when something doesn't happen, is being able to prove that it was likely in the first place.
          Undeniably true, however I take solace in the fact that I said it was all lunacy from the beginning. Even if I was guessing in the dark I look like I got it right.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
            I give up. Rumour and conjecture are not bullets or nuclear warheads. They're unsubstantiated bumpf. If these things terrify you so much perhaps you should return to being a permie where you appear to belong.
            People going self-employed then getting upset because they don't feel "safe". What's next?
            re read what i said!

I said that if this had happened, a nuclear warhead would have been dropped and most of us will be going perm tomorrow

Comment

re read what i said!

I said that if this had happened, a nuclear warhead would have been dropped and most of us will be going perm tomorrow
              It was always a big IF, especially as it was always going to be totally unworkable.

Just like many of the other tin pot ideas the government comes up with.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X