• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crackdown on personal service companies could raise £400m in tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ned View Post
    This is sufficiently vague to be worrying
    The principle is worrying (previously established, whereby they set a line in the sand and use that to justify retrospection), but this will be referring to users of avoidance schemes specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned View Post

Use of the word "scheme" helps us a little tbh.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
        Use of the word "scheme" helps us a little tbh.
        Rename them as "plans" or "processes". "Scheme" does create a mental image of a mustachioed villain in a top hat rubbing his hands together while cackling.

Comment

3.87 Disguised remuneration – The government intends to take action against those who
          have used or continue to use disguised remuneration schemes and who have not yet paid their
          fair share of tax. The government will also consider legislating in a future Finance Bill to close
          down any further new schemes intended to avoid tax on earned income, where necessary, with
          effect from 25 November 2015.
          LOL!...either is he is still talking about offshore accounts or may be a copy-paste error.
          Eitherways I am happy for the publicity managed to achieve in a short time frame aka scaremongering...survival efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            That would have been far better increase in tax than what Gideon did.

It's amusing to see some Tory supporters saying how it would have been worse under Labour - I guess that's what Gideon wants people to think, but the problem is that when Labour gets in (and it will get in at some point) then taxes would go further up - particularly on dividends, which I guess is academical since in a few years we'll be chatting on new forum: permieuk.com
            Domains still free!

Comment

wow we have dodged a huge bullet but for how long?

Comment

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
                There was never a bullet.

Get on with your life.
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by jonneymendoza View Post
                  The bullet will come retrospectively.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                    There was never a bullet.

Get on with your life.
                    Really? Depends on your circumstances surely. It was a bullet the size of a toaster to some, and a pellet to others. Either way, I think we'll be okay to 2017, and even then, given the move on T&S to IR35 caught only, it'll get watered down slightly when big business get involved.

Remember, they've been trying to tighten IR35 since 2001, if it were that simple, they'd have done it by now, especially during the 2008 - 2010 period. Not saying they won't so something, but I'm far more optimistic than I was this time yesterday.

Comment

Remember, they've been trying to tighten IR35 since 2001, if it were that simple, they'd have done it by now,
                      Which, for the long timers, in this, was the point all along.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X